The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Handling issue

pete.osborne69

I have had this issue a few weeks now and I'm not 100% sure if I'm correct but it has gotten slightly worse after going BPU

When driving it feels like the rear passengers side wheel is loosing contact with the road and when I put the foot down it always feels like the back end is sliding everywhere when its not although my car does go sideways nearly every day without fail

Would I be right in saying its the bushes for the anti-sway bar or is it something else any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Pete

Well I had my trusted garage have a look and they said 1 bush was rusted and that could be the cause of the issue but they never mentioned anything about the suspension or arms so I assumed that it was just the bushes but I can't remember which bush he said it was

Thought I would check on here first (not that I don't trust them just wanted to make sure first)

If they only mentioned that about the bush being rusted would you get a second opinion to make sure or would you start with that

Thanks

Well I had my trusted garage have a look and they said 1 bush was rusted and that could be the cause of the issue but they never mentioned anything about the suspension or arms so I assumed that it was just the bushes but I can't remember which bush he said it was

Thought I would check on here first (not that I don't trust them just wanted to make sure first)

If they only mentioned that about the bush being rusted would you get a second opinion to make sure or would you start with that

Thanks

Anti roll bar bushs,suspension bushs and joints and possibly brakes binding on one side could be anything

I would lift the rear of the car off the ground put it on stands and spin the wheels out of gear make sure the brakes are not binding. Check for heat on the wheels after a drive etc.

Failing that I would visually inspect Springs and dampers are not leaking or broken next you can check the drop links and the anti roll bushs next on the list would be arms and control arms etc wheel bearings etc etc..

You will want to check the torque on the subframe bolts etc aswell it's only a few hours work at a leisurely pace tbh nothing complicated.

The cars are old if you have had little work done expect big bills.