The mkiv Supra Owners Club

91 pump gas & Alcohol = 104 octane

Jellybean

Surely you can buy ethanol online? This is where I buy mine from.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bio-Ethanol-Fuel-for-Fires-100L-Fast-Next-Day-Delivery-Inc-/171575355008?pt=UK_HG_FireplacesMantelpieces_RL&hash=item27f2b02680

Syvecs and flex sensor sort the rest.

Problem is getting it shipped here

Think the best bet of us is Water Methanol kit not to increase power but to prevent detonation

Methanol and fuel flex sensor works just as well. I wouldn't bother with a water/meth kit personally.

Problem is getting some here lol We are so close to the UK yet so far ;)

I tried to source Toulene but nobody would sell it here and too $$ from the UK, VP or Sunoco race fuel was expensive as you needed a Hazard Chemical License to transport it

it is available at our yard in Letterkenny at €130 all in per 25 litre drum. If you just want a small quantity the carriage might prove costly as it is likely to run to €80 + vat to do the delivery.

it was woking out 15 litres of 116 octane race fuel per tank to get 100 octane @ 69 GBP

Also looked into AVGAS , as I live out by the airport but it was just starting to get ridiculous LOL

Also looked into AVGAS , as I live out by the airport but it was just starting to get ridiculous LOL

I tried to get my hands on some AvGas a while back, apparently you need proof of plane ownership to buy it now, or know someone on the airfield :D

Guest gtr_garner
Surely you can buy ethanol online? This is where I buy mine from.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bio-Ethanol-Fuel-for-Fires-100L-Fast-Next-Day-Delivery-Inc-/171575355008?pt=UK_HG_FireplacesMantelpieces_RL&hash=item27f2b02680

Syvecs and flex sensor sort the rest.

Jamie so i dont go buying unecessary kits you just put this in your main tank and the syvecs and fuel flex does the rest?

Im going to an S6 in January. I know meth eats at aluminium and I have full hard lines and a swirl pot etc. Assuming as bio ethanol is is just alcohol basically it shouldn't cause any issues with the fuel system?

I was looking at a progressive meth injection kit however this would have to be a seperate injection system completely. It is easier not having to worry about that but with just putting it in the main tank you cant be exact to the mixture that you're creating surely?

What do you do when filling up? fill half a tank with petrol then fill the rest with bio ethanol?

Guest gtr_garner

i know that's how it works but i mean you're going to get differing levels of performance dependant on how much is in the tank etc. Whereas with a standalone setup the amount entering the engine will be the same all the time. Are there levels to what the syvecs can compensate to? Can they read from 0% ethanol all the way up to 100% say? Not that i'd ever put that high a mix in. Obviously the map will be done to whatever mix we have on the day or two and the ecu will just run off those settings and tweak using presets within it for higher or lower amounts of mix?

Obviously with the fuel flex its a hell of a lot safer with redundancy built in, just wondered whether anyone had a particular way to keep the mixture as regular as possible.

:)

Edited by gtr_garner (see edit history)

Guest gtr_garner

I had just read one of your posts about it in another thread and was about to say dw I understand now.

You beat me to it!

Do you have any concerns about the meth corroding any rubber/ally components of your fuel system?

I had just read one of your posts about it in another thread and was about to say dw I understand now.

You beat me to it!

Do you have any concerns about the meth corroding any rubber/ally components of your fuel system?

I run ethanol and have done for years with no issues, meth is different but i read its fine also.