The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Skyline GTR owner

Guest gtr_garner

Guest gtr_garner

:duel:

Hey,

Thought id join up as looking for an ecu so fancied having a look through the classifieds. Looks like I cant do that so I thought id say hello anyway.

I have a R33 Skyline GTR, currently running a HKS 2.8 stroker (yes I know it isn't a 2JayZ :p and I would definitely not say no to the extra displacement!), race spec BVH and Vcam pro cam system. Paired with a T88-38GK she has a bit of poke.

Currently mapped to 2.25 bar (high setting) and resulting in 950hp or so.

Car originally built by Duke Racing in Japan, was built with the intention of driving to and from the track/strip whilst still being able to be hooned like the cars should be.

Looking to upgrade to Syvecs from my old school FCON Pro so Ryan can work his magic and map in the methanol injection.

I know a couple of people on here and have heard nothing but good things so hello!

Chris

Guest gtr_garner

Hey,

Thanks for that, just came across it actually. Will more than likely update my membership asap.

I've seen a few syvecs for sale here and there, the prices either seem to be very reasonable or more than a new one from Ryan haha. Is weird!

Is luck of the drawer to get in there quick enough for the reasonably priced ones.

Here are some pics:

DE05A598-A135-420E-BC14-DE1712D9F4C8_zpsw6leqwul.jpg

276CF866-5CD4-456A-A340-7650FAB4E9C6_zpspqkquysl.jpg

t88(2).jpg

t88(1).jpg

The car is a good bit of fun to drive, is a fan of eating gearboxes currently. Am in the process of having the dog box repaired and upgraded so its easier on the tranny.

On the road the power is in the 7-800's somewhere and I am in love with the power delivery of the T88, its hilarious! Its in need of a mapping session because its mapped for 100ron Japanese fuel. We have made some timing changes etc to combat us only having 98 over here. Hence the reason for my wanting to change to syvecs, the Fcon is a good ecu but for a car this level of tune I want more control over the engine and safety measures incase it spikes or loses pressure from anything.

Am contemplating returning the majority of the bodywork to standard, skirts are going to go I think, bonnet is more than likely going to go back body colour (a shame as its a very thin and rather nice CF bonnet) but I am not overly keen on the different colour bonnet to car. Want to keep it as much of a 'sleeper' as is possible for a gtr. . . . .

Edited by gtr_garner (see edit history)

Guest gtr_garner
What a piece of crap :D I knew you be on here one day ;) sell that gay taxi or I'll come to your house and beat you...

Ha I'll look out for your fiesta then as you definitely won't be out in your show queen supra you tart ;)

Welcome to the forum Chris.

Awesome GTR mate. A friend of mine runs a similar one to yours ; also a white R33 GTR with a 2.8 stroker built by RK in the the UK. He has HKS twins that replaced the stock turbos and plans to swap the FCON for a Syvecs beginning of next year.

Cheers

Luc

Guest gtr_garner

Cheers all, it does pack a punch and surprises a fair few bikers shall we say!

Cant wait until its on the new ecu and all dialed in, then i can see what it really can do.