The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to mount 2 more gauges?

CJ

I am looking for ideas and / or products to mount two more Defi BF gauges in my car. I cannot use the air vents or clock as these are all being used already and cannot use the din socket either as this has now beeen seconded for use by a touch screen. I also have an A pillar mount holding 2 gauges.

Any suggestions? If you have pics too then that would be ace :thumbs:

Edited for spelling!

Ben / Peter, I am very tempted by the HKS camp system but have heard a couple of adverse reports regarding quality etc. I am led to believe that this is quite old technology eh? Another thing I was told was that this could not work direct through my "carputer" and is powered by a stand alone chip thingy (you can see how techy I am eh) :D

Yes CJ, it has been around for a while, but I have not heard any bad things about it. Regards you having a carputer or whatever, I think that the camp system only requires an AV input, most decent TVs will have 2 inputs, my Kenwood Touch screen has two. Just link the carputer to one AV input and the camp to the other. You should then be able to listen to a CD, whilst having the visual display of the HKS camp.

This is how I see it working. Some clever person may even be able to add it into the carputer as an active background or something on Windows? Depends what you are running.

Thanks Ben :thumbs:

I do like the idea as it offers good value for money when you consider how much a couple of more gauges and mounts are going to cost. I wi have to post up in the traders sections and ask how much they currently run at.

I have looked at some sites and am a little confused. They are selling the CAMP system (maybe Oxy should buy one eh? :tongue: ) and also sell the CAMP junction box which they say is for adding Meter series sensors. If I wanted the system to monitor my oil temp and water temperature, would I need this junction box or would the Water / Oil temp harness plug directy into the CAMP main unit? :stupid: