The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just got back from a service

Tom

Just had my 1st service on the car at Phoenix in Watford, they haven't asked me to do a write up but I thought I would as I was very happy with what had been done, I watched everything being changed as after walking around Watford I got bored and came back and had look to how everything was done.

Paul + Mark were very friendly and proffesional and knew there way around the supe, apparently quite a few have been there now which is obviously good.

I had an oil/oil filter change, new set of toyota spark plugs fitted a full inspection on the car(including test drive) after bits were changed and just general top up's/pumping up tires etc, the total cost for everything was only £204, I really was expecting to pay much more! So I can't argue with that at all!

Two supes were already there I got there, one of them being Terry's which is very loud! and almost the perfect supe seeing as it's a black facelift 6spd single turbo monster!

Anyway to sum up very happy and will no doubt get all servicing and work done by them.

I found them through this thread here so thanks to Terry for the recomendation :thumbs:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=20629

Tom.

.....I hope they ACTUALLY changed the spark plugs...would be a good idea to check...I'm sure they are legit and ok....but when going somewhere new...despite reccomendation never trust any fooker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

In my experience...dont trust anyone especially if they are reccomended...just dont want you have the experiences I had when I first found the BBS.

As I say I'm sure they are OK...but check the work or get a mate to check it...and if they are good and HAVE done what they said they have done...then they rightly deserve you as a regular customer....

my 2p (money saving tip from MacGreen Peace)

lol I had my sup serviced there as well and same here I got bored walking around Watford :)

I watch them working on my car and I can say they work very hard, changed all the spark plugs on mine as well as everything I have on my list (the old one was only 6 months old anyway)

China

Glad you are pleased ;)

Simon, the X-Files is available on DVD box set now mate.

....so is Chiitty Chitty Bang 'BANG' he he.

.....Lamb........slaughter....springs to mind.

Happy New Year.

:p

Edit: I'm sure they are very good...that wasn't the point I was making...just making sure hes ok thats all....I'm sure a lot of people are thinking the same....I just said it thats the difference .....and we all know the story of my car....and who was right in the end Eh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!........I rest my case

Tom, glad you're happy with the work, we never doubted you wouldn't be :)

Si, you really need to get out more mate. We ALL know you've had bad experiences, but there are decent people out there that do the work they're paid to do, AND plenty more that they're NOT always paid to do. ;)

.....oh I seem to have touched a nerve...I'm sorry mate......wasn't the intention...just looking out for a fellow Supra owner...would you prefer i keep my mouth shut in future then?

:stickpoke

Si my old mate, I dont have an axe to grind here and have no allegiance with any garages at all but you really do need to let the past go.

We all know you had a bad experience and shit service in the past but you cannot tar everyone with the same brush. If you are going to post this type of thing up every time that someone takes their car to a supplier that no one knows then you are going to be typing for a long time eh?

Wher does it end? Tyre fitters? Insurance companies? Petrol stations? We all deal with new suppliers regurlarly, we cometimes have to take things on trust friend.

Si my old mate, I dont have an axe to grind here and have no allegiance with any garages at all but you really do need to let the past go.

We all know you had a bad experience and shit service in the past but you cannot tar everyone with the same brush. If you are going to post this type of thing up every time that someone takes their car to a supplier that no one knows then you are going to be typing for a long time eh?

Wher does it end? Tyre fitters? Insurance companies? Petrol stations? We all deal with new suppliers regurlarly, we cometimes have to take things on trust friend.

I'm just giving some friendly advice 'For Free' as i am not a Trader and do not stand to gain anything from reccomending that he check the work thats carried out...I wish someone had said that to me when i first came on here...it really isn't anything personal...some people seem to be a bit sensitive for some reason!!!

:moo:

I am not sensitive just trying to be sensible. Are you going to look through all the other posts on the BBS and tell everyone that they should check all the work that is being done? Of course you wont as that would be silly.

Like I said, we sometimes have to trust the people that are doing work for us until they betray that trust. If we take the attitude that everyone we deal with (no matter what the situation) needs to be checked up on continuously, then it is going to make for a very shit life.

Oh, and by the way, I am not now, never have been and never will be on anyones "side" other than my own.

I am not sensitive just trying to be sensible. Are you going to look through all the other posts on the BBS and tell everyone that they should check all the work that is being done? Of course you wont as that would be silly.

Like I said, we sometimes have to trust the people that are doing work for us until they betray that trust. If we take the attitude that everyone we deal with (no matter what the situation) needs to be checked up on continuously, then it is going to make for a very shit life.

Oh, and by the way, I am not now, never have been and never will be on anyones "side" other than my own.

Well I do beg to differ on that one I'm afraid...I dont trust anyone first off, and anyway...Tom did say he observed them putting the spark plugs in so hes more sensible than you and I put together I rekon.

I always stick about to keep an eye on things these days, though as Paul (Slow Dogg) has been working on my car....we have earned each others trust..and i do feel i could let him alone...he does his job mainly out of passion, the money for him is just a bonus...and I'm sure the same will be said with the people that Tom has chosen...but NO-ONE should ever feel scared to ask to be shown or to want to check things out...if you are made to feel slightly intimidated ...then I would go else where.

Edited to put the word 'And' between the words 'You and I'

:eek:

lol I had my sup serviced there as well and same here I got bored walking around Watford :)

I watch them working on my car and I can say they work very hard, changed all the spark plugs on mine as well as everything I have on my list (the old one was only 6 months old anyway)

China

Ahh they did mention that you had your car in, they said what a nice supe you had!

Yeah, they said "what a sample of a stock supra, I personally like stock car"

lol, that was true until I fitted the blitz exhaust, EL glow dial, HKS induction with chrom heat shield, custom made sub box/amp .......

will give it to them for another service this year sometime when my MOT is due or next month if I think de-cat is the right thing to do :p

China