The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back from the body shop

MATT RR

Hello everyone, just picked the Supe up from the body shop and thought I would share the pics of the work done. The car was a fresh import 1998 VVTI TT6 earlier this year, its done 61,00 miles with the Jap history to proove, it was an incredibly clean car when I got it so my main aim is to keep it that way. The work I had done was really just some minor cosmetic stuff and rust prevention:

- Colour code mirrors

- Smooth and re-position driver side skirt to stop door rub and prevent rust

- treat and repaint bottom of drivers door that was rubbing on the skirt

- remove, weld, paint aerial

- remove, weld, pain rear wiper

- remove weld, paint rear washer jet

- remove weld, paint rear badge

- remove boot rubber and repaint inner channels to match (+ treat small spot of rust just starting)

20141212_143340.jpg

20141212_143349.jpg

20141212_143400.jpg

20141212_143557.jpg

20141212_143609.jpg

Really happy with the results, can in no way tell there was ever an aerial or wiper etc even on the car. All the work was done by Autorefinishers in York who did lots of work on my last UK spec supra and have done bits on company cars for me also, totally trust them and they have come up trumps again.

It's off back into the garage now, as much as I want to drive this eveyday its such a clean example its only coming out in the summer and the dry/salt free days we get in the winter.

I have lots of plans for the car, single turbo, big breaks, wheels, seats etc but this is going to be a slow burner over the coming years.

Cheers

Matt