The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Syvecs S6 PnP Connectors & TC

Littler

Evening All,

For anyone that has the syvecs PNP adapter harness could you take a pic and label/identify what the additional connectors are? I know these are for specific sensors, cal switches, ethernet etc but knowing exactly what is built in to the PNP harness beyond the main loom connector block would be quite useful for what I'm doing :)

There are some pictures on Paul's site and mentions on the syvecs board but not really anything specific (happy to be corrected on this though lol).

Cheers,

Adam

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

Aux Connectors:

12 Pin Connector

Several Input Pins, 12V and 5V Outputs, Sensor Ground, Knock Sensor Input(2Pins)

(there should be a small card with the PnP Cable where the exact Pinout is explained)

6 Pin Connector(5 Pins Available)

Wideband Lambda Controller Connector

Green 2 Pin Connector

EGT Sensor Connector

RJ45 Male Connector

Connects to Laptop

RJ45 Female Connector

Toucan Display input/output

TC Wires into the 12Pin Connector to two pins and one wire goes to the main Connector on the ECU Directly(don't remember the exact Pin now)

Thanks all, I've spoke to Tim at JTI who makes the PnP harnesses for the syvecs and has given me similar to the above:

Basically, apart from wiring up what's needed, I bring out as much spare I/O as I can on a 12 way plug (and supply the socket to go with it) along with a connector for a wideband (which we can supply), a comms socket (for dataloggers, or Toucan) and an EGT socket.

In the case of the (non-auto) Supra, here's the additional I/O that's brought out: AV3, AV4, AU3, AU4, AR3, AR4, AB3, Sensor 5V out, Sensor

ground, Knock Signal, Knock Ground, Power ground.

Edited by Littler
edit (see edit history)

The above combined with the below should have me in good stead now :)

Can anyone expand on what I've put here re the OEM traction control? :)

Further to this with the syvecs traction control (using the ABS sensors) can I disconnect the stock TC ecu and remove everything related to the TC system on the throttle body?

Can you then allow use of the stock TC off button to deactivate it?

Edited by Littler
edit (see edit history)

Yes stock tc can be removed completely. You have to T off the two + wires of the rear wheel abs sensors and the+ and-of one of the front wheels. The front sensor goes to an abs converter which then connects to one of the AU inputs the two rear + wires go to the two spare AB inputs.

The abs ECU is behind the radio under the spoiler ECU.

£22 each, including VAT, you need one per sensor. Photos attached. Insured P&P is £6.80 by courier. Thanks.

Sorry Chris, I'm probably getting confused here but according to Canislupus, I will only need one converter to connect to the Syvecs, front sensor to AU1(AN05) input and the two rear sensors directly to AB3 and AB4 as these are Analogue Bipolar inputs?

Yes stock tc can be removed completely. You have to T off the two + wires of the rear wheel abs sensors and the+ and-of one of the front wheels. The front sensor goes to an abs converter which then connects to one of the AU inputs the two rear + wires go to the two spare AB inputs.

The abs ECU is behind the radio under the spoiler ECU.

Is this for ABS and TC, or just traction control? I was assuming ABS as well where you do need to monitor each wheel speed independently. I am thinking it must be solely for TC then? I think you need to ask Ryan or Syvecs, these converters take one input each. So I guess you need to convert one front analogue out from the wheel speed sensor to digital for the spare input, as you have no spare analogue inputs? is the Syvecs not doing ABS then?

Is this for ABS and TC, or just traction control? I was assuming ABS as well where you do need to monitor each wheel speed independently. I am thinking it must be solely for TC then? I think you need to ask Ryan or Syvecs, these converters take one input each. So I guess you need to convert one front analogue out from the wheel speed sensor to digital for the spare input, as you have no spare analogue inputs? is the Syvecs not doing ABS then?

I far as I know the Syvecs only controls the TC as I was talking to Tim at JTI on Friday. I was hoping to still run the ABS through the stock ABS ECU.

Looks like I will need at least one of your converters.