The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Syvecs S6GP Vs Haltech Platinum Sport 2000 ECU

Jellybean

Car is a Toyota Supra JZA80 (Zenki - 5/93-7/94) Eng: 2JZ-GTE Manual

Syvecs S6

• Just trying to figure out pricing with the Syvecs , what do I need ?
  • I think I read Syvecs does not use an ignitor? (Please excuse my lack of knowledge) :)

Haltech has two options , (Haltech Irish Agent)

1. Haltech Platinum Sport 2000 ECU and Haltech HPI6 ignitor with a Haltech fully terminated 2JZ specific loom 3200 Euro Ex fitting or mapping
  2. Haltech Platinum Sport 2000 ECU and OEM ignitor with Patch Harness 2200 Euro Ex fitting or mapping

Mapping is 350-450 GBP with no issues (Haltech Irish Agent), overall I think it works out stupidly expensive

http://www.haltech.com/2j-2-go/

Syvecs £1500

3bar map sensor

Syvecs cal switch

Syvecs wideband knock sensor

Syvecs oil pressure sensor

Pierberg boost solenoid

Depending on what you get all the sensors for I'd say 2k should cover the Ecu and sensors excluding mapping.

My ignitor is still in place with my Syvecs mate.

Syvecs £1500

3bar map sensor

Syvecs cal switch

Syvecs wideband knock sensor

Syvecs oil pressure sensor

Pierberg boost solenoid

Depending on what you get all the sensors for I'd say 2k should cover the Ecu and sensors.

My ignitor is still in place with my Syvecs mate.

Thanks Tony ! Looks like Ryan can remote map mine so I am good to install the setup :)

The Haltech ECU is very Irish with regards prices to put it politely but if Ryan can remote map then its not an issue if he is in the UK , it is easier if you need support and the mapper is somewhat local

Thanks Tony ! Looks like Ryan can remote map mine so I am good to install the setup :)

The Haltech ECU is very Irish with regards prices to put it politely but if Ryan can remote map then its not an issue if he is in the UK , it is easier if you need support and the mapper is somewhat local

He logged in and remotely mapped my car recently as it needed tweaked and added some boost. Faultless mate the guys a wizard and you know what you are getting as far as his rep goes etc. if I was you it would be Syvecs all the way mate.

He logged in and remotely mapped my car recently as it needed tweaked and added some boost. Faultless mate the guys a wizard and you know what you are getting as far as his rep goes etc. if I was you it would be Syvecs all the way mate.

How did it work, did you rent a Dyno , internet connection , setup an online meeting with Ryan ? or I presume the ECU comes with some form or base map , you go for a few WOT on the road, email ryan the map and they tweak?

Issue with me going t he UK is your fuel is better than ours :)

How did it work, did you rent a Dyno , internet connection , setup an online meeting with Ryan ? or I presume the ECU comes with some form or base map , you go for a few WOT on the road, email ryan the map and they tweak?

Issue with me going t he UK is your fuel is better than ours :)

It required initial dyno set up Bud. As far as I know it doesn't come with a base map. Basically pulled logs off the Ecu and had them emailed to Ryan he checks the logs tweaks it and emails it back. You load the map into the Ecu with the laptop go a drive. Have one hard pull up through the gears. Pull in and pull the logs again onto the laptop then send it to Ryan to check and repeat till its done. My car had coil issues on the dyno so it could only be mapped to 1.3bar. After the new coils were fitted Ryan tweaked it to 1.55bar remotely. Sweet as a nut now.

I had this issue with mine when I lived in Tralee for 5 years. Anyway you can get a bowser and fuel up in the North? Bring a bulk load Back. I think if it's to be mapped on 95 then Ryan would need it on the Dyno bud.

Sorry just to add did the ECU come with instructions , what I mean is the some form of instruction indicating the ideal/recommended location for sensor X

We should have a sticky on here for installation and remote mapping :)

You could ask Ryan for a pin out of how to fit it and wire the sensors in if you ask. He might have something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

May want to speak to Ryan first as I think he is happy doing tweeks and adjustments remotely but not a full map. Could be wrong but that was my understanding.

I think you are right there mate. Tweaks are fine but initially would need on the dyno with him.

I mentioned the remote mapping to Ryan here , I read it , he can do full maps remotely

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?315878-New-Syvecs-2014-2015/page2

The firmware can be updated by users no problem in the field but we do recommend involving our support team if its the first time you have accessed the ecu, just send them the map and they will update.

I have recently tuned alot of supras remotely with the correct sensors and the syvecs it is quite effective

Our latest firmware which is soon to be release actually works out HP/Torque from very accurate fuel mass/energy calc which links into the engines pumping losses, friction loses and MBT interventions... with the MBT timing maps being known for most of the setup it has proved to be very accurate in testing, within 2-3% of engine dyno

The pinouts are on the Syvecs forum. This is what I followed when doing mine.

http://www.syvecs.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=401&sid=8874c9e9567dcb96f2049acaa2a83bb8

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

It required initial dyno set up Bud. As far as I know it doesn't come with a base map. Basically pulled logs off the Ecu and had them emailed to Ryan he checks the logs tweaks it and emails it back. You load the map into the Ecu with the laptop go a drive. Have one hard pull up through the gears. Pull in and pull the logs again onto the laptop then send it to Ryan to check and repeat till its done. My car had coil issues on the dyno so it could only be mapped to 1.3bar. After the new coils were fitted Ryan tweaked it to 1.55bar remotely. Sweet as a nut now.

I had this issue with mine when I lived in Tralee for 5 years. Anyway you can get a bowser and fuel up in the North? Bring a bulk load Back. I think if it's to be mapped on 95 then Ryan would need it on the Dyno bud.

Thanks Tony!

Is this for your single install?

I was in a similar situation when I did mine in HK, there were a few different places I could have taken the car to get it mapped and different ECU's I could have used. I did a bit of research and decided to use an HKS Pro dealer local to me that had experience of mapping 100's of cars including quite a few highly modified Supras, so I went with the HKS F-Con Pro ECU. I was very pleased with the choice as the car ran faultlessly and I always knew that if I had any issues (which I didn't) that I could go back to the mapper to get things checked/tweaked.

I'd start by doing some research on who in Ireland could map the car and what ECU's they are familiar with. Of course the other alternative would be to see if Ryan could travel to Ireland to map the car, he obviously has a lot of experience of mapping Supras but I'm guessing it wouldn't be cheap.

Is this for your single install?

I was in a similar situation when I did mine in HK, there were a few different places I could have taken the car to get it mapped and different ECU's I could have used. I did a bit of research and decided to use an HKS Pro dealer local to me that had experience of mapping 100's of cars including quite a few highly modified Supras, so I went with the HKS F-Con Pro ECU. I was very pleased with the choice as the car ran faultlessly and I always knew that if I had any issues (which I didn't) that I could go back to the mapper to get things checked/tweaked.

I'd start by doing some research on who in Ireland could map the car and what ECU's they are familiar with. Of course the other alternative would be to see if Ryan could travel to Ireland to map the car, he obviously has a lot of experience of mapping Supras but I'm guessing it wouldn't be cheap.

wcp in Kerry are haltech authorised dealers so reason why I am asking about haltech , they did James deanes 2jz for last seasons drift events across uk Ireland and Europe , they must know what they are dOing as it ran 700hp all season , no issues ; Hks vcon pro is all good by me too

Only other option is TDP but Robbie is the most rude arrogant person I ever met and I would question his ability to map a car based on other customer experiences and reliability issues plus he is €€€ , he hates toyotas and as a potential customer he has no problem letting you know it , I would not give him a dime, rather take the hit of the cost going to the uk

Hks I would be extremely happy to use that ecu too

Haha!

When I lived in Tralee there was this place http://www.westcoastperformance.ie maybe a bit of a trek for you but he may be able to put you in touch with someone about mapping etc or suggest an option on Ecu over there.

That's the haltech authorised Ireland dealer ;)

I suppose I can go outside of Dublin without getting a plane or a boat ;)

Guest Nicholas

Go with Syvecs (say's the man with Motec) and use Ryan, won't be cheap but he's worth it, I also don't know many mappers that will let you email them your data logs for advice/tweaks.

Edited by Nicholas (see edit history)

I agree with what Nicholas says. Seriously speak to Ryan and see if you can't come to some agreement. Ryans reputation needs no introduction and at least you know your car is in safe hands. Even if you end up getting a ferry over and going somewhere in north wales the extra cost will be worth it.

The ECU is just technology and each have their own unique features and some are better than others, but raw basics they all do the same job. The money and what your paying for is the mapper and this is where all the trust and investment should be IMO.

Its a common saying choose your mapper before the ECU and its absolutely true.

• 1 year later...