The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VVTI b.h.p

formatzero

most sites and info is conflicting in general I have found None VVTI-320bhp and VVTI 326bhp

who knows to be honest..

We are all wise to the Japanese gentlemans agreement of 280bhp was false that much is certain.

This link is quite informative

http://www.2jzgarage.com/2012/02/2jzgte-vvti-information/

Edited by MattP (see edit history)

The UK Supras were officially rated at 326hp, and the pre VVTi J-Specs at 276hp. As the gentlemans agreement was still in place when the VVTi was released, I would guess the official figure is still under 280hp. What the actual figures were on the J-specs is pure speculation now, as the cars are all too old to test accurately.

From what I gather, VVTi wasn't introduced to increase hp, it is there to benefit fuel economy, emissions, and the engines torque curve.

I have owned both non VVTi and VVTi engines and the VVTi engine does certainly feel quicker with pretty much the same mods as my previous Supra.

The biggest difference is the torque low down the rev range.

With regards to power I had a stock TT with just double decats dyno'd at SRR and that produced 352bhp.