The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2015 Mustang RHD

ozz

Was anyone else delighted to hear the new 'tang will be available in RHD in the UK next year? I was, until I checked out the dealers online. Really not sure with the new looks, they have lost all the classic box lines and made something soft, more sports than muscle. Gutted. If it was more like the previous model it may have been a contender for the first ever car I buy new but now I'm really not sure.

I will reserve judgement until I see in the flesh, early reports are saying it will be around 30k but I bet that is the eco engine and not the V8. I have always, always, wanted a Mustang, even with all their faults and driving one in America just confirmed my want but I've always shied away from LHD. The front end though has lost all of its aggressiveness and looks more like a Hyundai. Its just not special. :(

Anyone seen one in the flesh yet?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one will say some things are best left 'as is'. For me the one thing that lets down all US cars is the interior. Yes some if not most of them handle like a barge but that is part of owning a yank tank.

Yup, drove a 2014 Mustang in the states this year and the interior was pretty poor. The new 2015 one looks much better, you can see it in the gallery here on the Ford UK site: http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/FutureVehicles/Ford-Mustang

Really like the look of them, whilst people are already getting down on the ecoboost engine, it's worth bearing in mind that this will be the same 2.3L turbo engine that'll be in the new Focus RS, so there will be no end of tuning options available for it. I'll bet more ecoboost Mustangs are sold here than V8's.

I'll take mine in Magnetic grey with the 19" gloss black wheels please. :D

I couldn't get one unless it was the V8. The interior was appalling on the old ones as was the handling. This would be a pretty major purchase for me, probably depreciate like a stone as well but tempting, really does depend what price the V8 comes in at.

Edit - just reading up on it the price should be around £34k for the V8! I am very, very tempted to put my name down. I want a white one :) I dismiss the eco engine but its still over 300bhp, but if I'm buying it has to be big. Probably stupid idea but so what, I'm single and work hard. I have to have one! Cayman will have to go up for sale and I'll have to put off moving house but so what, its a mustang!

IMHO I'd sooner lump the money at a shelby gt500 with proper power.

Issues for me are 1) they'll be everywhere. Sort of why I went off the mustang in the US 2) I'm not convinced they'll do anything particularly well 3) with the softer lines for broader appeal and the range of eco engines it's lost the muscle car appeal imo 3) it will depreciate like a stone after not all too much time

I can't imagine the interior will be as basic as the previous us models and will be typical ford which I don't think is bad.

Annoying because it's potentially a very affordable new muscle car but I can't see it being for me unless they bring out a very special model.. eg the new gt500 :D

Not the best interior, always did let Ford down, was the same in my RS2000 - lovely to look at, carp to sit in. Still don't care, for me it will be about the sound and supposedly they've nailed it on the V8. The thought that I can have one after so many years, and use it almost daily without the LHD hassle is huge. Registering with Ford :D

I could spend that money and I'm sure get much better cars, like a newer Cayman. Can't explain it - and I'm sure it will be the same for a lot of people, I just want it.

But there are materials that crumple that could be used?

It's the shape that's the problem, not the materials. Mainstream car companies have to jump through incredible hoops to get a car to market now. That's the main reason the GT86 looks crap compared to the FT86 concept it's based on.

The more I look at it the more I like it, the lines on the rear quarter are reminiscent of the classic fastback shape. Not sure if I'll be able to get one next year, looks like the preorder window last May sold all 500 in 30 seconds! I guess many of those will be chancers that pull out. Still, I'll try!

It's the shape that's the problem, not the materials. Mainstream car companies have to jump through incredible hoops to get a car to market now. That's the main reason the GT86 looks crap compared to the FT86 concept it's based on.

This is such a shame :( I don't understand how Lambo's, Ferrari's and alike can get away with the shapes of cars they produce, I know they are not mainstream but they should abide by the same standard? Otherwise whats the point in them :nyah:

Still this mustang looks OK just doesn't have the aggressive look like it used too with the old lines, i suppose they did this with the 90's mustang? well the curvy one.

I love you Gaz. Fountain of knowledge...!!

Everything I’ve heard suggests that the 2015 Mustang is going to be significantly better than the previous (IRS for one!). I hired a V6 a while back (SF to LA) and it felt pretty poor compared to the Camaro SS I swapped it for. I think the pre 2015MY retro front looks great, but not all angles are so successful. I’ve seen and heard a 2015MY test vehicle on site. Looks bigger with a hint of A5 to it, less retro, but still unique. Sounded good though, even at low load.