The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Questions about silicone hoses and jubilee clips/clamps

j_jza80

I've got a Whifbitz SMIC and a HKS intercooler hardpipe kit to fit to my VVTi TT, and I need to order new joiner hoses and clamps for the lot.

First thing, when sizing the silicone hoses, it it best to order the I.D (internal diameter) of the hose to fit the O.D (outer diameter) of the hardpipes pefrectly, or is it better to undersize the hoses slightly, so that they stretch over?

Which clamps/clips are considered best? I've been recommended the Mikalor Supra range by a few people.

And which hose companies do people use? I've always liked Samco, and have also used Roose Motorsport before. Are there any other companies I should consider?

I really like the look of the Samco Classic range, as you get the OEM look with the build of a silicone hose.

http://www.samcosport.com/row/images/colours6_big.jpg

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

Best clamps by a long shot are Murray constant tension clamps, I had jubilee and mikalor but they don't tighten in a circle more of an oval and tend to bite into the silicone where as the Murray don't.

Murray are not cheap but 100% won't blow off they look better too Hodge and Jurgen nudged me towards them I had never heard of them before which is nice they are overkill for BPU.

Hoses maybe try the SRD hard pipe kit with black joiners. If I were to do mine again I would go hard pipe route as silicone seems to slow spool in comparison by expanding as hodge showed me on mine...

I find it's usually cheaper to buy high quality things in the first place, than buy cheap and buy twice. :) I'll look into these.

I made the mistakes already using mikalor on my mr2 which were a nightmare and jubilee which slice into the silicone honestly jay best clamps I've come across other than the wiggins clamps Chris Wilson mentioned for high boost application those things are really expensive