The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre Help

Max5437

Hi,

I'm going to be replacing the tires when the wheels go in for a refurbishment but am looking for recommendation for tires. I have a budget of about £500, the wheels will be going back on the car when the weather improves but being reliable is obviously important in this country

Profiles are:

225/35/18

225/40/18

Thanks in advance

Max

Thank you for the replies,

This is the Thread I purchased them from http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?311731-18-inch-Jaero-Deep-Dish-alloys

Complete newbie so only going on the information provided, how can i find out if a wider size will fit without rubbing?

255 width is stock mate so it won't rub with a 255 or 265 on stock arches I'd say.

These where my first thought too ( when looking at the current tyre specs) but people where stating only getting 12K miles to a pair :/ do they really wear that quickly?

thanks for all your help btw :)

I've never EVER had 12k miles from a set of rears. Even bpu I was max 4500 miles from the rears. If think 12k is quick tyre wear you must drive like a nun mate.

These where my first thought too ( when looking at the current tyre specs) but people where stating only getting 12K miles to a pair :/ do they really wear that quickly?

What cars were getting 12k to a pair ? rears or fronts ? i'd be very very happy getting that

out of the rears on a BPU supra

If you have an NA and its set up with not too much toe or camber then perhaps double

figures is possible if you drive sensibly all the time

Avon ZZ5's are also not bad, i've got those on my BMW at the moment and im very happy with

how they perform in the dry and wet.

Just over £100 each for your sizes from Camskil, looks like they have an A rating for wet grip

on the rears and B on the fronts

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

What cars were getting 12k to a pair ? rears or fronts ? i'd be very very happy getting that

out of the rears on a BPU supra

If you have an NA and its set up with not too much toe or camber then perhaps double

figures is possible if you drive sensibly all the time

Avon ZZ5's are also not bad, i've got those on my BMW at the moment and im very happy with

how they perform in the dry and wet.

Just over £100 each for your sizes from Camskil, looks like they have an A rating for wet grip

on the rears and B on the fronts

Think it was on a porsche boxster and a astra vxr quoting around that mark i think.

Its an N/A and it is driven pretty sensibly, I know iv got no experience with rwd so don't want to write it off lol had a few accidental skids already.

Thanks that website is cheaper than others iv found, come in almost perfectly on budget too and the ratings are encouraging too

I Assume from a quick Google that the "OE Mercedes" wont result in any adverse affects?

I got 11k out of my Toyo proxes t1 sports on the rear. Could of got 12 Easy but as its winter changed them the other week.

That's reassuring cheers, i think driving style is a very big factor

I would kill for 12K use out of tyres

And don't skimp on tyres

It's your only contact with the ground.

And a decent set will drastically reduce your fuel consumption and help with braking.

I would kill for 12K use out of tyres

And don't skimp on tyres

It's your only contact with the ground.

And a decent set will drastically reduce your fuel consumption and help with braking.

I'm trying my best to get something decent but I only work part time while doing my degree so have to try and be slightly practical with spending. Contact sport 5 look like good tires from what I can tell and fit perfectly in my budget :)

Stock load ratings are Front 93/Rear 94, using those values as a minimum 95 would be the better choice.

Thank you, exactly what I needed to know! cheers for your help btw :thumbs: