The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all...noob question

Mitch18

Done an insurance quote on a tt manual and its finally affordable to insure 😀 my heart is set on buying a supra and my very much loved astra is up for sale image

However...im stuck in a bit of a dilemma and heres why.

The manual TT in adverage - good condition are around 8-10k and beyond and would probably need to finance part of the cost.

The N/A manual is much cheaper to buy, insure and wouldnt need to part finance...also ive seen this website

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php/toyota/supra/turbo-upgrades/turbo-kits.html has a N/A -T plug and play basically and price doesn't seem to bad...does it?

my question is has anybody converted an N/A -T?

Is it going to be more expensive to convert rather than buy TT?

And what power figures you hitting on stock internals?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Welcome to the club :thumbs:

Loads of NA-T conversions, see Projects section.

If you want a turbo it'll be far cheaper to buy a TT to start with.

With simple mods (click -> BPU) a TT at 1.2bar will make around 380-400hp, a stock 2JZGTE properly maintained and in good condition will happyily run at 600hp.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Its thinking its a mk3 what age are you putting in?

All n.a mkiv supras are imports they never made a uk n/a

Dont insure it until you check or you might aswell drive it without insurance.

I didnt realise this either...its over 1k cheaper to insure a uk TT over a na !

Is that true that all n/a supras are imports? Im insuring an n/a manual soon, did a quote and it came back as not an import? £900 im 23 no years no claims

Thats also cheap that buddy, my quote was 1,100 on a uk na, done the same quote again but import 2.5k! 25 with 2years ncb

Question...again lol

When i do a quote it usually gives me 3 options even tho i put the reg in and then asks if its import or not. Cant insurance companys tell if its import?

If i buy an na but claim it to be uk (i know insurance is instantly void) will they know?

Another thing thats being a pain at the min finding a uk model. Seen a couple auto tt...scroll through...imports! Are they really like rocking horse poo these days lol is there any insurer's that do decent prices on imports?

Question...again lol

When i do a quote it usually gives me 3 options even tho i put the reg in and then asks if its import or not. Cant insurance companys tell if its import?

If i buy an na but claim it to be uk (i know insurance is instantly void) will they know?

Another thing thats being a pain at the min finding a uk model. Seen a couple auto tt...scroll through...imports! Are they really like rocking horse poo these days lol is there any insurer's that do decent prices on imports?

Depends on your stats really, age, ncb, postcode etc

I'm 25 with 2 years NCB, 8 years overall claim free driving exp, my stock TT auto cost me £720 a year to insure (although this is my first year of ownership) and that was arranged through adrian flux. Sky insurance wouldnt touch me until I had experience driving a RWD car so told me to come back after 1 year.

Good luck, its a minefield!

Depends on your stats really, age, ncb, postcode etc

I'm 25 with 2 years NCB, 8 years overall claim free driving exp, my stock TT auto cost me £720 a year to insure (although this is my first year of ownership) and that was arranged through adrian flux. Sky insurance wouldnt touch me until I had experience driving a RWD car so told me to come back after 1 year.

Good luck, its a minefield!

Im also 25 with 2 years NCB and claim free since i passed. Its 1.2k for me on stock tt auto which im more than happy to pay its just finding one.

The two that caught my eye are both import which is no use as my insurance takes a huge leap to 2.5k+

Could do with an insurance company dedicated to imports at competitive rates!

Kind of wish i didnt do an insurance quote on one now, i wouldn't be so wrapped up in getting one lol

Yeah they will know if you hit something as they think they have insured the wrong car. You hit someone else and kiss bye bye to driving any time soon

You might aswell tell them it's a Peugeot 106! What is the reg and what search engine you using

Or what are the 3 options it gives you

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

i was looking on comparthemarket, can someone tell me why when i look at insuring and 1993 GZ aero TT there nearly all manual...... its irritating as they were never stock as manual for the euros any ways. when i get an aero it will be manual so i guess it will be a phone call to the insure company for peace of mind when doing it.

im 22, 5year NCB and would cost me £650 a year with admiral and the Gz had alloys added, with manual/auto gearbox mod under there listings of modifications with a excess of £500 and fully comp

You will just have to shop around or get on the blower to the insurance companys to make sure they note it as a import

Edited by Hitbox Junkie (see edit history)

Hello and welcome.

Try 1st Central for a quote, by far the cheapest for my missus with her NA, she's 28 with not a lot of ncd now.

We had a member on here a few years ago who fitted the fmic to his supra like the one on your vauxhall, it went down well.