The mkiv Supra Owners Club

After nearly 5 years of being on this forum, finally a build thread!

Scutch0

Well I realised that I'd had the supra 5 years in January, so I felt it was about time to do a build thread for it!

So this will cover 5 years of my ownership!

January 2010

this is my new project, my 1995 manual N/A Toyota Supra...

she is a 1995 Non turbo model, in 040 super white.

basically standard, but with 18" avs alloys, blitz nur spec, and hks intake. Black carpet & black headlining.

February 2010

got some updated pics i took the other day:

things that have changed...

well the proper import plate is now on, and the rear foglight is gone (ive rewired it into one of the reversing lights) my pioneer stereo is in (finally!), new speakers all round as the original toyota ones were shagged, new greddy grex gearknob, stock airbox now fitted, and ive been fiddling with the illumination to get rid of the horrid green... more on that when its finished!

finally got round to giving it a quick polish too, but it was obviously too cold for that as it froze to the paintwork!! so this is just washed at the mo, and as you can see the paintwork is in pretty nice condition!

July 2010

long overdue update!

well, its been a while, as i had a load of spraying done, that didnt go well, so i spent ages (& lots) sorting it out.

long story cut short: i had the back bumper, front bumper, bonnet and wheels resprayed. the rear bumper just didnt match.

its now sorted tho, and have done a few other bits too.

wheels were refurbed, ngk iridiums fitted, standard airbox fitted, interior illumination changed, new leather gaitors fitted & various little niggles sorted etc.

the interior panels is also coated in this rubber film stuff that 1) looks bad unless its new, and 2) rubs off dead easy, so i had shiny patches all over the interior.

so ive stripped them all down and resprayed them the same colour as the wheels.

ive also had a good going over the bodywork, initially having the car mopped, and then using the meguiars 3 stage paint cleaner, polish and wax to seal it.

also fitted some custom side skirts, and my bomex rear spats.

have also done some tarting up under the bonnet too.

pics!

and a final one of me with the beast.

October 2010

ok guys, time for another update methinks.

anyone who has ever seen in the boot of a supra will soon realise how little space there is. add some general tools (i like to be prepared) all my car cleaning stuff, and a little subwoofer and its next to useless, so this was my next port of call.

i was also wanting to sort out some kind of install that wouldnt take up too much space either, this is what i came up with.

each panel lifts out to reveal either the spare wheel, jack or cleaning products, with has meant that i could clear all the stuff off my back seat!

the sub enclosure is fibreglass and is profiled to fit the boot floor and is probably only a litre or two short of being perfect for this sub.

also painted the sub as the grey plastic cone was pretty scratched.

toolkit is now velcro'd to the 'false' floor.

ive also been playing with fittin some gauges in the soup, i ordered a pillar pod and was shocked at how bad the fit was, so when i finally gave up on that idea i decided to build my own gauge cluster after the perfect location was found. out came the fibreglass again!

It took a bit of time, firstly I laid out masking tape over a section of the dash and used it as a mould and coated it in fibreglass mat, since that was dry I used some plastic foam board to create a gauge holder and then bonded it to the fibreglass.^

Then I converted the outside in a thin layer or fibreglass mat to get a rough shape, then a skim of fibreglass filler over it to create the shape, then finally body filler over the top, paint, and the it was done.

Here's the three stages I took pics of.

finally, i decided to go for the factory active front spoiler, in this instance ive locked the spoiler in the down position, as it was working out to be very costly and time consuming fitting the whole cradle, undertray, wiring harness and ecu to my car.

ive also fitted some 10,000k hids to her a few days back, unsure if i like the ice blue effect, but they're a improvement for now!

heres some pics i took the other day of how she stands atm.

possibly getting a 1st decat in a few weeks to enhance the sound a little, also working on a new intake system for her when i get the time.

Edited by Scutch0 (see edit history)

May 2012

After using it like it was for a while, and getting a daily, the supra was left untouched for a while, until I spent spring 2012 doing an overhaul...

Just finished my winter overhaul:

fixed some paint damage and light rust bubbles on front arch

remove old kit

wheel refurb

headlight refurb

new speedhut oel dial faces

new head unit

new wheelnuts

oem sideskirts

Rmm front lip

smoothed front bumper

new black crosshatch mesh

small plate

new steering wheel (as my old one was nackered)

full compound using mop

other little fixes

havent had much time to take good pics, as ive spent the last three days non stop getting her ready...

ill let the pics do the talking,

How she used to look

new headunit http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/biggrin.png

new wheel and interior shot

Speedhut dials

wheel refurb & d1 racing nuts

exterior pics

im so pleased with how it came out!

It's almost finished, just waiting for some oem spats, some facelift clear indicators, and then im refurbishing the engine plastics as the paint reacted last time.

August 2012

Well the supra let me down for the first time last week, (2 an a half years of ownership isn't bad I guess!) the starter motor just gave up at half 1 in the morning

So I bought a rebuild kit (for £13.50 delivered! and decided to get it sorted today. Thought I'd document it too.

It's behind the inlet manifold and is only accessible from underneath, also the bolts are in a rediculious place, and you need an assortment of universal joints and wobble bars to even get to them :@

Once I had it loose I realised that everything was in the way, and I was gonna have to move something else to get it out, so in the end I unbolted the clutch slave cylinder which meant if I spun the starter on its back, and unbolted the fuel filter I could wiggle it out!

Success!

Next I had it on the bench and started stripping it down.

The old plunger was ok, but as I had a new one in the kit it made sense to change it...

New vs old

Contacts out

Check out the step on the old contact! No wonder it refused to start!

Rebuilt ready to go!

Refitting it was a little easier until I realised the axel stands had sunk into the tarmac and the car was now about an inch lower than before :@

While I had the front of the car up I gave the bushes a once over trying to find an illusive knocking noise, which I'm now pretty convinced are just noisy shocks... And I also decided to give the brakes a once over too, all good so I repainted the calipers as the paint had seen better days http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png

Here's how they looked, so I masked up the supra logo and after a quick clean they were ready for paint.

Quick coat of silver

Some vauxhall Arden blue and lacquer

Then viola!

Also redoing my engine plastics very soon.

Also fitted my alloy dial rings

And fitted my stainless steel heater bezels and knobs

How it all looks now

June 2013

Well shes been off the road over the winter, but finally, she's back on the road!

Put some tax on her then realised I didn't have enough money to actually run about in her this month so it's been limited to a few days here and there!

But anyway! Pics of new rims!

They're hamann replicas, and they were a steal at the price I paid, it was cheaper to buy these than to replace three tires on my last set!

They're obviously staggered, 8.5's on the front and 9.5's on the back. Tires are a little narrower to allow a little stretch :)

This was how I got them in the depths of winter, they were only 8 months old but already had been curbed quite badly

So I started the usual winter project for me, a wheel refurb!

imageimageimage

Repaired and masked up

Painted

imageimage

Polished up

On the car

Some decent dish

imageimage

Very close on the arch, much more aggressive offset than my last wheels

imageimage

Annoyingly I curbed this one on the first day I had it back, but oh well, have another refurb in winter I guess!

And finally one of the car as she sits

July 2013

Also took the car on holiday to dorset with some mates, a pal of mine is pretty handy with a camera and took me some nice pics

Edited by Scutch0 (see edit history)

September 2013

I managed to get myself a pair of genuine oem rear spats, one was cracked however, so I went about repairing it, and getting them fitted!

Crack

Sanded

Hole drilled to stop it spreading

Fibreglassed

More sanding

Filler and sanded

Primed

Before

After

December 2014

(This is just ripped straight from my recent post, so my apologies!)

So I'd been on the hunt for a new exhaust for my na for a while, as since I've had it it's had a blitz nur spec s rear box, and I fitted a cw first decat.

Unfortunately the stock (with no boxes) midsection is looking pretty tired, so I knew a new exhaust would be on the cards.

So I bought a kakimoto cat back from a member on here, (initially I wasn't sure what it was, but after some research I'd discovered it was a kakimoto) it had a few battle scars, but seemed ok, however on closer inspection all of the baffling was missing from the rear scilencer :(

So after a text to the seller, he kindly agreed to fund the work to get it sorted:thumbs:

So I gave it a cleanup anyway in preparation of getting it sorted

So I took the rear silencer to a local company who I'd seen had very good reviews called flow dynamics in Bletchley, spoke to dan who was a top bloke, and left the rear section with them, got a message the next morning telling me it was all done, and recieved these pictures!

Dead chuffed :trampoline::yahoo: would highly reccomend flow dynamics, as after a chat with dan I discovered that they make manifolds, and even work with titanium!

I also yesterday re-instated its identity...

Couldn't find a original plate for it, so used a sticker as a mask and sprayed it on with high heat paint.

December 2014,

Treated myself to a new headunit, I've been running the old pioneer avh 5900 DVD for ages, and decided to got for the pioneer appradio3, fitted it the other day, and well happy with it!

also (a little unrelated, but is part of the history!) took her on holiday earlier in the year, and made a little video log of the trip, along with some car related visits!

Haha, we'll see. I considered just saving to get a tt, but to be honest, I've had so much history with this one, that I think I'd just like to single this!

Before that though it needs some tidying up next year, the paint needs a good looking at, as it's cracked in places, and I've got a sticking front caliper currently, so I'll get that sorted first!