The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any Idea What My Wheels Are Worth?

Style

As per the title really gents,

- Weds Sport TC005

- Fully forged rims and light weight (7.2kg front/8.6kg rear each I think)

- 17" 9j and 10j. Not sure on offsets.

- Sitting on 4 Potenzas (3 brand new, 1 done 3k)

These wheels are discontinued/superceeded by the TC105n's and incredibly rare from what digging around I've done. Never seen another set on Supra anywhere and can't really find much on prices for them these days either.

They're in great condition as well. Zero scrapes or chunks out of them at all. Few bubbles in the paint around the center is all there is really.

I'm thinking about some 18's in the near future so was just looking to see what I could get for these.

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=20856&d=1330473375

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=20857&d=1330473397

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=20858&d=1330473406

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=20868&d=1330473504

Car's on yellow Bilstein's and stock bodied in case people are wondering about fitment

Cheers :)

Edited by Style (see edit history)

It's really difficult to say. They're great looking wheels, but are smaller than most people would ideally want.

To be honest, I would try selling them elsewhere. While 17s are considered small for Supras (which will affect the price), owners of smaller Japanese cars (200sx, Hondas, MR2s etc) and even VWs would pay a small premium. Try Driftworks, Wheel Sanctuary and E38 forums, and probably start at circa £1k.

I think the most you could expect to sell them on here for would be £700, but that is stab in the dark.

It's really difficult to say. They're great looking wheels, but are smaller than most people would ideally want.

To be honest, I would try selling them elsewhere. While 17s are considered small for Supras (which will affect the price), owners of smaller Japanese cars (200sx, Hondas, MR2s etc) and even VWs would pay a small premium. Try Driftworks, Wheel Sanctuary and E38 forums, and probably start at circa £1k.

I think the most you could expect to sell them on here for would be £700, but that is stab in the dark.

1k sounds like a good place to start then :) I was hoping to get somewhere around that number but didn't want to go advertising in the future and be told I'm a madman

Guess it would be wise to sign up to a few forums or put an ebay ad for them at a Buy it Now. Maybe that would attract the smaller car owners with the right sort of title. They'd look pretty awesome on an S2000 I reckon!

A bit of digging reveals that a set sold on an Aus Scoob forum recently for around 2.5k dollars!

This man speaks the truth.

I have found this forum has a lower then market value view on the price of second hand wheels, Which is great for a buyer but not so much for a seller.