The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What was your first car???

how_supra

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has been done a couple of times but it's always interesting :)

Mine - 1986 Fiesta 1.4S with a later XR2i interior and unknown exhaust - it turned out to be an insurance write off that had been repaired really badly, taught me a lot about cars!

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/mr2/frames/fiesta1.jpg

And to add a new twist:

http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk

The vehicle details for C818 NHG are:

Date of Liability 01 08 1999

Date of First Registration 09 06 1986

Date of Last V5 Issue 25 03 1998

Year of Manufacture 1986

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1392CC

CO2 Emissions Not Applicable

Fuel Type Petrol

Import/Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Looks like it's gone to heaven :( Someone got 4 years of use out of it after I sold though, that shocks and scares me a little!

Rogue two engines in year!! That's impressive :thumbs:

Well, my first car was a 1990 Austin Metro Van (ex BT), which I sprayed half blue (to cover the rusty bits!), it only had 4 gears and a friend also switched the engine with a 1 litre engine from a fiesta. It was crap, let me tell you!! I remember a particular time when I attempted to overtake a lorry whilst going up a hill in Brighton, but the Lorry undertook me the little b@sterd! Te he

But at the time I loved it dearly, I even named it Sid!! :stupid:

My first was a Renault 5 Turbo, followed by 4 more 5 turbo's, then a Mazda 323 turbo, followed by 2 more Ren 5 turbo's, then the Sup, and another 2 5 Turbo's since owning the Supra.

At the moment I have the Supra, x2 Clio's and just brought a Pug 306 to replace one of the Clio's. Other Clio is going to a mate soon as I've done the big end bearings, then we'll be down to a 'sensible' 2 cars! (and a bike!!!).

B reg (B500 XKK)Nova 1.3 SR. Bought for £2000 in 92. Loved it! in the 3 years i owned it only time it let me down was when the alternator failed.

Best memory was when i was at Uni handbrake turning it in Warner Bros cinema car park in Newcastle, losts of snow on the ground and no cars about :D