The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Importing tt6

lewis hill

Hi lads im looking to get a TT6 imported soon from japan probably using JM-Imports. I was just wondering what sort of questions would i ask the importer about the car to make sure everything is okay? Any known faults in the JDM spec supras? I see you cant always get a certificate of the mileage etc but there is a company here in the UK that can check up on all of that for you. Obviously il be asking the standard questions about bodywork and that. Is there anything mechanical i need to be aware of as ive never imported before.

Thanks

Lewis

Although I haven't used JM Imports myself, from what I have heard and the examples I have seen of what has been brought in to the country by them, you should have nothing to worry about.

JM are one of the best companies around just now doing this and are always helpful before and after the sale making sure the car you get is of good history and a good standard.

Personally when I have imported in the past my main concern is if the car has had ant previous crash damage etc but all of that will or should be annotated on the auction sheet if it goes through auction. You can google what the Japanese marks on the auction sheets mean and find out then a little bit more about the car.

Faults wise, these cars are pretty bullet proof and most seem to leave Japan around the 60k mile mark due to their extensive and expensive MOT style inspections.

I'm sure someone will be along to give you a bit more info, but hope that helps.

I bought my Supra from Jurgen at JM Imports in July this year.

Pay JM Imports a small deposit of £1000 so they know you are seriously committed to buying a Supra and they will do all the work for you and take the stress out of importing. All you have to do is specify what kind of Supra you want, eg: NA or TT, colour, spec and for what budget. JM Imports will then use their agents in Japan to source you a decent Supra to your budget and check it's all good.

You yourself can also look on their website at Supras in dealerships and auctions, so if you see one you like you can mention it for them to go and check out and see if it's as described.

I recommend you use JM Imports as it's no stress that way and you know you will get a great example of a Supra :cool:

I love my new Supra, it's the best car I have ever bought and I had a Supra before it for 7 years :)

Cars auctioned in Japan are thoroughly inspected and given a grading on an inspection sheet see here: http://www.providecars.co.jp/japanese-car-auctions/auction_grading.html

I would have a chat with Jurgen about the type of car you are looking for, if you want a 2nd opinion then post up photos and details of any cars you are interested in on here.