The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New exhaust for my n/a, sorted out by flow dynamics of Bletchley

Scutch0

So I'd been on the hunt for a new exhaust for my na for a while, as since I've had it it's had a blitz nur spec s rear box, and I fitted a cw first decat.

Unfortunately the stock (with no boxes) midsection is looking pretty tired, so I knew a new exhaust would be on the cards.

So I bought a kakimoto cat back from a member on here, (initially I wasn't sure what it was, but after some research I'd discovered it was a kakimoto) it had a few battle scars, but seemed ok, however on closer inspection all of the baffling was missing from the rear scilencer :(

So after a text to the seller, he kindly agreed to fund the work to get it sorted:thumbs:

So I gave it a cleanup anyway in preparation of getting it sorted

So I took the rear silencer to a local company who I'd seen had very good reviews called flow dynamics in Bletchley, spoke to dan who was a top bloke, and left the rear section with them, got a message the next morning telling me it was all done, and recieved these pictures!

Dead chuffed :trampoline::yahoo: would highly reccomend flow dynamics, as after a chat with dan I discovered that they make manifolds, and even work with titanium!

I also yesterday re-instated its identity...

Couldn't find a original plate for it, so used a sticker as a mask and sprayed it on with high heat paint.

And if the weather holds out I shall be fitting it today hopefully!

Can't wait!:D

Nice job.

Thats good and wish I had known about these guys earlier in the year as they are not far from here. I got really messed about by a guy called Dec who trades as DB Tints and ended up snatching all my bits back and doing it myself.

What did he charge for that?

Thanks for the love guys!:love: I'm tempted to change the font lip to the kansai one, unfortunately the paintwork is letting the car down now, so some work will be required in the not so distant future :(

Abz, yes that is the place, speak to dan! He knows his stuff :thumbs:

Thanks for the love guys!:love: I'm tempted to change the font lip to the kansai one, unfortunately the paintwork is letting the car down now, so some work will be required in the not so distant future :(

Abz, yes that is the place, speak to dan! He knows his stuff :thumbs:

Cheers fella.

By the way the car looks stunning, and before you start thinking about re-painting it look what detailing can achieve!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?270010-Abz-s-white-NA-Supra-at-Invisible-Touch-Detailing

Cheers fella.

By the way the car looks stunning, and before you start thinking about re-painting it look what detailing can achieve!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?270010-Abz-s-white-NA-Supra-at-Invisible-Touch-Detailing

Yeah the paintwork is beyond saving unfortunately, there's cracks in the paint on the front and rear bumper, the bonnet need stripping and repainting, and the boot lid is having rust issues around the rear window :(

Gutted. Dread to think what that's gonna cost.

Car looks stunning bud, some facelift headlights and black accents would look ace! Results on the Exhaust, job looks a good'un!

Thanks bud. Yeah I'd love some facelift headlights, tail lights and front indicators... I'd also love one of those autoshine replica diffusers! But one thing at a time lol

Thanks hammer!:thumbs:

Cheers Richie, yeah it sounds good, louder than I thought but that's probably because of the first decat, but it has that distinctive 2jz sound now, which it didn't really have before with the rasping, I guess it was just the smaller bore pipe work. definately noticed more punch from lower revs too, she's been spinning through first and into second since it's been fitted. Love it!

Thanks hammer!:thumbs:

Cheers Richie, yeah it sounds good, louder than I thought but that's probably because of the first decat, but it has that distinctive 2jz sound now, which it didn't really have before with the rasping, I guess it was just the smaller bore pipe work. definately noticed more punch from lower revs too, she's been spinning through first and into second since it's been fitted. Love it!

Good stuff!

I have just ordered myself a HKS Silent Hi-Power, cant wait for it to come although i'm not expecting it to be too loud 😊

That supra is stunning, looks perfect.

Don't change to a kansai lip, the rmm looks so much better!

Hi thanks! I'm not sure, I'd like it to sit a little lower at the front as it's stock height at the moment, but I'm already catching the rmm front a lot already, so if I go lower I'll need to change lip!

The exhaust looks great! Would you mind popping up a video, I've just picked up one of these for my N/A and I'm wondering what it sounds like?

Yeah no worries I'll try and sort out a Video today ;)

looks awesome bud, always loved the Kakimoto exhaust careful advertising other companies though :sly:

Thanks bud! Yeah same, kakimoto is definitely one of my faves! Sorry, I didn't realise I was advertising, I was just so pleased with the job they did, I felt other local members may want to consider them in the future!

Good stuff!

I have just ordered myself a HKS Silent Hi-Power, cant wait for it to come although i'm not expecting it to be too loud

Now that is my favourite exhaust, I've heard one on a decated na, and it sounded great, fairly loud with both cats out, but great all the same!