The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rich's Facelift TT6 Journal

Rich.2211

It's happened... the inevitable.

Supra number four shall be on route back to my house tomorrow evening :D

Having previously owned a TT auto, NA manual and a NA-T manual the time has finally come where I own a TT6!

Background info:

Following the sale of my last Supra, the black NA-T, I tried to be sensible... honestly I did. Then I bought an Evo IX FQ340 which was a car I had always lusted after. Excellent car undoubtedly, but a little numb and lacked the kind of character I desired. Naturally I lost interest pretty quickly and the decision was made to put it up for sale.

(For anybody interested in my previous Supras it is covered in this thread: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?300015-Rich-s-NA-T)

Meanwhile I got a tip off about a friend, of a friends, Dad that just so happened to own a Supra and could be coerced into selling for the right offer. I made the trip over there to be greeted by a sight I fell in love with immediately, a facelift TT6 with some seriously nice goodies such as factory Recaros, Advan wheels and a titanium exhaust just to name a few. I got chatting to the owner and the owners son for what turned into a couple of hours and it was soon apparent they were both just as big petrol heads as I am. Winner!..

Only one problem, the car was that nice I pretty soon realised it was going to be way out of budget :(

I returned home thinking how great it was to meet such like minded people but also slightly gutted I wasn't returning home with a Supra.

Fast forward a couple of months, getting a daily that's worse on fuel than the Evo, bidding on cars in Japan unsuccessfully, working on friends Supras and having multiple moments of clarity, sellers trying to cover up write offs, sellers with no V5's, generally being disappointed with everything I found, I had managed to save up some extra money for the car fund. I stumbled across a nice looking RSP in the classifieds on here (still for sale actually if anyone is after one) which I was all set to go and view last Monday. Only downside was it being a tiptronic and I was going to have to convert it to a six speed straight off the bat, adding £4K to the price + other tinkering. It wasn't really viable but I was missing ownership. Literally an hour before I was due to set off a friend I met through this forum prompted me to get back in touch about the TT6 since my budget had been upped a little. Personally, I expected to still to be way off the price he would of taken for it but I decided to make an offer 'just in case' - to my surprise it was accepted. Fast forward another few days and... the TT6 is mine and being delivered to me tomorrow. I am like a dog with two appendages! :p

The car:

Here's the original JM-Imports advert from 09': http://jm-imports.co.uk/index.php/1996-toyota-supra-rz-s-6-speed-manual-5/

attachment.php?attachmentid=194557&stc=1&d=1417214981

attachment.php?attachmentid=194558&stc=1&d=1417214981

The car really hasn't changed much since those pictures were taken in Japan, but loads more up to date photos will follow.

She was imported by a member on here through Jurgen back in 2009 who then sold it on to his Uncle some time afterwards. His Uncle is the gentleman I have purchased it from. It has had an easy life at least since it's UK migration from what I gather and judging by some of the parts fitted it certainly seems to have had some money lavished at it in Japan. It's in great condition overall and just needs some general tidying to bring it up to standard. A new drivers side Recaro bolster foam, wheel refurb, caliper paint will be some of the first things on the agenda.

Spec:

- 1996 Toyota Supra TT6 Facelift RZ

- Imported through JM-Imports 2009

- 6N0 "greyish green mica metallic" more commonly referred to as "gunmetal" or "moonstone"

- 2JZ-GTE

- V160 gearbox

- AO3B Torsen LSD

- Factory Recaros

- UK/Larger brakes front and rear

- Advan Racing RS alloys

- HSD coilovers

- OEM CD changer

- Blitz SBC ID III electronic boost controller

- Front mounted intercooler

- Black carpets, headlining & visors

- Envy double de-dat

- Trust Ti titanium exhaust

- Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump

- 1.2 Bar restrictor ring

- NGK iridium spark plugs

- Hard pipe kit

- HKS air filter

- Stock body

I'll keep this updated as I progress with the car and my next update will be it landing on my drive! The plan is to keep it off the road and get it up to par ready for March next year and attend as many shows, events and track days that I can afford. I really want to make the most of owning a car such as this :)

rzg2.jpg

rzg1.jpg

Edited by Rich.2211 (see edit history)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, looks a nice example :thumbs:

Cheers Graham :thumbs:

Really happy for you!! Looks like a blinding example and what a stroke to luck! :cool:

Does this mean you'll stop pestering me for mine :D

I suppose it does, unless the other half comes into some money and I sway her into buying a Supra :sly:

nice one mate, and personally that colour is far better than that blue colour everyone lusts for LOL

Cheers, I must say yours is looking awesome since the respray!

Thank you for all the kind comments.

She is home safe and sound and I think I'm in love. You'll be seeing me soon on one of those programs where men have a really "close" relationship with their car :D

Pictures to follow Monday after some loving I think, it's dark now unfortunately.

Edited by Rich.2211 (see edit history)