The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car will cut engine off when ever slowing slowing down?

Brazil

Ok syvecs is saying its engine oil pressure trip. As soon as I take foot of the accelerator the sensor reads pressure rapidly come down to below cut out levels. Stange since on idle is fine on throttling is ok but only when throttling down that is reads this and cuts off.

Has it got a proper MECHANICAL oil pressure gauge fitted as I suggested? I am concerned the people working on the car seem clueless, the answers to these questions should be obvious to any half decent mechanic. I am also concerned that it seems no one was actually there in person to do the mapping and watch things like a hawk during the all important start up and systems tests. Did it get run in without all the aftermarket oil cooler stuff like I suggested? The stuff you said gave trouble when the original engine you had built failed? You need to get a proper mechanical oil pressure gauge on the thing.

Guys if I put an extra 1.5 liter than I need is it ok to drive it like that?

Just give it to a professional. In the nicest possible way, as much as it's nice to do your own tinkering, some of the questions you're asking is seriously worrying. To avoid munching the engine, get a pro involved!

If you mean your oil dip stick is displaying maximum fill, and you intend to add more oil that's not a good idea at all.

Pretty sure that's not what you mean, but just incase it is don't go over the maximum.

Too much oil is as bad as too little, and you will end up blowing seals.

You need someone who knows what they are doing to look at it ;)

Honestly if you are just decelerating without braking and the oil pressure is definately falling off then there is a mechanical Problem in the system. I only had oil pressure Falling of with Semi Slick tires and hard braking. I would follow Chris advice and recheck the pressure with a mechanical gauge on a suitable place.