The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it worth putting my car on auto trader?

Matsi

Hi everyone, my supra is for sale and I have it on the forum and piston heads, is it worth putting it on auto trader? I have sold a car on auto trader before and the sale was nice and quick but after having a look at what supras are on they are all not very expensive and some have been on it for a while. Do you think people who are looking for supras would go on auto trader? I don't really want to pay for £40 for 2 weeks for no one to even look at it, thanks for any replys

I think anyone seriously looking for a particular car will be looking on here, PH and Autotrader. The others are either full of scammers or too small to bother with. You could also try some classic car sites like Classic Cars For Sale.

Having used Autotrader to buy and sell I would recommend it. The only thing I would say on the selling front is put in your ad 'No canvassers' as the amount of calls I got asking if they could sell my car on my behalf was unreal.

Also try not fall into the trap other people do and put feck all detail on the ad and pics that are years old or so obscure they do not sell your car. Sounds simple but some autotrader ad's are poor, garages are the worst imho. It puts me off as a buyer.

Not many people know of car forum when looking to buy one. I bought my supra when I had just turned 19 and found it on autotrader. It was after I bought the car that I came across the forum.

Having had a look on autotrader now there's not that many listed and they all seem overpriced. You'll almost certainly get some interest there.

Having used Autotrader to buy and sell I would recommend it. The only thing I would say on the selling front is put in your ad 'No canvassers' as the amount of calls I got asking if they could sell my car on my behalf was unreal.

Also try not fall into the trap other people do and put feck all detail on the ad and pics that are years old or so obscure they do not sell your car. Sounds simple but some autotrader ad's are poor, garages are the worst imho. It puts me off as a buyer.

I agree with this,i am looking at Supra's all the time but I'm mega fussy and don't even look at ads with little info.As previously said I also check pistonheads and ebay on a daily basis.