The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Syvecs? 2014/2015

Jellybean

If I bought a Syvecs , with regards new firmware, can a user update this themselfs or do you need a remap, bring it over to you guys or just leave it as is on the firmware it was mapped?

I am sure you have a fairly decent base map for a 2jz, can you remote map the car to tweak it or do you need to map the car in the UK? As I am in Ireland and only 95 octane is available here plus bringing the car to the uk will add on greatly to the expense , the option to remote map it or send you the logs to tweak it would save me alot of time and money

Ryan: Will it run an auto or do people still need the S8? Thanks. Got a Link ECU single turbo here that I have just put another auto box in as it killed the first one, customer is thinking of an ecu that will modulate the torque during shifts.

The S6 can control an auto with torque reduction on shifts.

The IO/10 expander gives 10 additional input and outputs and costs £600. This will give 26 inputs on the s6 which is 2 more than the s8 so depending on the price of the 2 units I'm not sure what's best. Probably the s8 unless one has an s6 to begin with.

Edit: Also beaten by the 4G guys :D

If I bought a Syvecs , with regards new firmware, can a user update this themselfs or do you need a remap, bring it over to you guys or just leave it as is on the firmware it was mapped?

I am sure you have a fairly decent base map for a 2jz, can you remote map the car to tweak it or do you need to map the car in the UK? As I am in Ireland and only 95 octane is available here plus bringing the car to the uk will add on greatly to the expense , the option to remote map it or send you the logs to tweak it would save me alot of time and money

The firmware can be updated by users no problem in the field but we do recommend involving our support team if its the first time you have accessed the ecu, just send them the map and they will update.

I have recently tuned alot of supras remotely with the correct sensors and the syvecs it is quite effective

Our latest firmware which is soon to be release actually works out HP/Torque from very accurate fuel mass/energy calc which links into the engines pumping losses, friction loses and MBT interventions... with the MBT timing maps being known for most of the setup it has proved to be very accurate in testing, within 2-3% of engine dyno

Ryan: Will it run an auto or do people still need the S8? Thanks. Got a Link ECU single turbo here that I have just put another auto box in as it killed the first one, customer is thinking of an ecu that will modulate the torque during shifts.

Yes it will run it direct on the new ecu,

The existing S6 will run them also but needs an Expander module. SRD and Whifbitz sell these kits and have stock

Will call in morning mate also

The ecu will be on show at Autosport but i am personally testing this ecu very hard, off to an environmental cell soon to see how it handles being ran with outside temps of 50c+

Luckily the wifi unit will mean i dont have to bake!

Once it has passed the tests it will be released

As has been said chris, The S6 is capable of dropping the torque during gearchanges and fed back in once the gearchange is complete.

It takes the strain of the stock autobox which prolongs the length of the gearbox. When my dad had his single turbo running the stock autobox and converter it lasted over a year with 560lbft running through it. Alot of that was due to the mapping and Syvecs controlling the gearshifts.

• 2 months later...