The mkiv Supra Owners Club

finally a member on this site :)

brady-jza80

Hi all....I've been a lover of the supra for a long time but because of

The high cost of having the supra in ireland (road tax €1500 for the year) i could only stick to the 2 litres i.e silvia's and evo's....bought a french blue evo 7 two years ago but on the way home someone crashed into me and wrote off the car :( thought that was the end of my sports car days until recently i spotted a 93 aerotop supra in northern ireland...a spotless black supra with a fresh mot but the engine was gone and a ridox kit brand new in box that was bought from knightracer.....so i struck a deal with him and got the car...so I've recently bought a 93 soarer to use as a donor even though i feel guilty cause soon there will be no soarers left!! I have to register the car on irish plates!! Just wondering could anybody tell me what automatic supra's perform like cause driving the auto soarer it didn't quite feel like 280 bhp (even though it was laid up for a while and did seem to feel quicker the more i drove it) and also is there a difference between the n/a auto box and tt auto box cause I'm worried the n/a auto might not withstand the tt power like how the w58 cant? And could the n/a exhaust be used for awhile until i source nice a exhaust system? Sorry for such a long post and its good to finally be on here :)

2014-11-22 14.42.17.jpg

2014-11-22 15.01.12.jpg

2014-11-22 15.00.00.jpg

2014-11-22 15.00.32.jpg

2014-11-22 15.01.58.jpg

Edited by brady-jza80 (see edit history)

Hi brady-

I have a 1jz in my Supra and I'm quite impressed (over the N/A that I removed) bare in mind that you can always up the power to suit your needs by going single etc. I am using the N/A exhaust from the second cat backwards and it's fine. Apparently the soarer tt auto box is the same as the supra N/A auto box however the supra box has a superior valve body.

Have a look at the section on here that David P has written all about gearboxes.

I'm very happy to be auto, its an excellent box.

Welcome to the club.

Thanks trebor69 thats good to know was worrying about how the auto will perform....the turbo's were recently rebuilt so has billet internal steel turbos so was hoping i could put it up to a bar boost....really dunno about the ridox kit i got with it cause I'm really liking the standard look