The mkiv Supra Owners Club

That's a pretty car, I wonder what it is?

Guest Wotsit?

Guest Wotsit?

Hi everybody and yes, the above is approximately what I thought when I saw the Supra quietly rotting away in somebody's drive. I used to be a mechanic but I've been out of it for years and am completely out of touch with things. Anyway, I took the trouble to find out what the car is, it's a Mk4 Supra(!!) and I've indicated to the owner's dad that I might be interested in buying it as a project. Now I'm in the lap of the Gods waiting to see if he contacts me. Last I heard, my enquiry has sparked a renewal of interest in the car by the owner who is now thinking of getting it MOT'd. (Good luck with that, it'll need a lot of work). It's been stood there in the open for more than 3 years that I know about, how long before that I don't know...

Think of it as a "barn find" minus the barn, it's an "M" reg, manual in need of a lot of TLC. What do you think might be a reasonable price to offer? I know it's a difficult question to offer an answer to but... ball-park? Assuming it as running of course.

Hello, 3 years isn't a long time for cars like this and even being kept outside they don't rot like the Nissan's of the same era do.

It would depending if it is a TT or NA, these cars these days are worth just as much in parts. Example if it is has a 6 speed gearbox then that alone is worth £3k. If it is a TT6 and it is in need of some work then I'd offer £5k for the car, depending on what work needs to be done and condition of the car. Might be best to ask him what he would like for it and go from there.

Guest Wotsit?

Thanks Abz, useful information, I don't know whether it's a TT or an NA, I can see I have a lot more research to do...

I'll read the "What to look for etc" pdfs and give myself an education.

Guest Wotsit?
Hello, i brought a supra earlier this year that had been sat on the drive for 7 years. It does have a dent in the rear quarter and its in need of a respray, i payed £750, it is a import tt auto.

Thanks for this, £750, that sounds more like it!

Guest Wotsit?

I was looking at another Supra today, this one has been stood on a drive for years too but it's a Mk3, 3 litre 5 speed manual. Body much battered. Are any of the parts interchangeable with the Mk4?

I was looking at another Supra today, this one has been stood on a drive for years too but it's a Mk3, 3 litre 5 speed manual. Body much battered. Are any of the parts interchangeable with the Mk4?

Very little, completely different redesign to both body & engine. The manual box you could possibly get into a Supra.