The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally time for my SUPRA

novak

Hi Everyone,

I would like to start my small restoration project for a car I dream of since being a teenager. I looked at square R32/R33 (could not afford R34 - still even more square ;)) and never liked their shape - SUPRA had always it`s own classic look.

So after paying deposit at JM IMPORTS few months earlier, on Friday 14th November 2014 I made my way from London to Newcastle to pick it up. Even with tired paint (that I knew about) car was just gorgeous. It is the all mighty 1993 RZ TT 6speed 40k miles - proper supra (;)

Few pictures from Japan: supra auction1.jpgsupra auction.jpgIMGP4013 (1).jpgIMGP4012 (1).jpgIMGP4011 (1).jpgIMGP4010 (1).jpgIMGP4009 (1).jpgIMGP4008 (1).jpg

From JM Imports: supra jm8.jpgsupra jm5.jpgsupra jm4.jpgsupra jm2.jpg

Having so many months to think about what I want to do and how to make the car as I wanted I send over few tasty parts for a start (they were fitted by Jurgen at JM - thanks for great prices).

So I got myself:

Blitz Nur Spec RX exhaust: supra jm9.jpgsupra jm10.jpg

Tein Super Street coilovers: supra jm12.jpg

and finally hated by some but loved by me for their look and price: Bronze Rota Grid Drift front 9.5j et38 with Yoko AD08 245/40/18 , rear 10j et35 with Yoko AD08 265/35/18: IMG_20141020_192319912.jpg

300miles to get home were mental and best I ever had in my life car got only exhaust fitted and feels so much better than my previous Accord type R with 300bhp or 545i with 370bhp no comparison or match.

Car went straight to the body shop, I had it only for one day - but it will be back in my hands in around 3 weeks in full glory - this will be a proper respray with full strip down, windows out etc. Pics to follow - I am there every day to check and help if I can.

Edited by novak (see edit history)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok. Quick update. Had to take time off work to help a bit, we decided to strip car to bare metal on some panels and start from scratch. We bought paint for the car, which costed £400 on its own - but it is the best one on the market - quality wise.

Had a bit of a laugh as car will probably loose a kg or more from the bonnet as it was painted like 6 times hahah - photo: IMG_20141120_125837937.jpg

Rest of the car got two layers, which means car was already resprayed in Japan - at some stage, although for 21 years old is not so bad apart from the bonnet...having tons of paint.

Roof: IMG_20141120_125845755.jpg and other work: IMG_20141119_123237541_HDR.jpgIMG_20141119_123255103.jpg

More extras: IMG_20141119_101423619.jpg