The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BPU, BPU+, BPU++ etc

gordy.r

Had a quick search and couldn't find anything relevant, although sometimes I've noticed the search function doesn't throw up any suggestions if your search title is only a few letters, I digress....

Is there a definitive guide to what constitutes the numbers of +'s on a BPU build?

I understand the usual items recognised as BPU, but I see so many people with +, ++, +++, after the acronym BPU I just wondered. Is it just up to the owners personal opinion as to how many +'s they insert?

Cheers in advance for any light shed. :)

A lot of people use +'s on personal interpretation.

If you run BPU, you are running more boost than stock. This means you will have to alter the fueling, which will be done via a piggyback ECU.

If you install now parts that are an addition, but not really necessary (e.g. stand alone ECU, FMIC, aftermarket intake), lots of people add +'s

BPU= downpipe, exhaust, boost controller, intake, bcc (fuel pump & RR adviced on j-spec)

BPU++ = Cam gears, fmic, fuel control etc.

Every plus is one addition.

APU = hybrids, single.

Time to bookmark these pages:

mkiv.com

supraforums.com

BPU = Basic performance upgrades. When you get past the basics and start adding on some trick kit, it's no longer BPU. There is no definitive list that I've ever seen. If you added an electronic boost controller that could be considered a +. I've never really bothered with it all though to be honest, as the list could get quite silly.