The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help:(

Guest pandabear

I have no idea what TFIGDH means but God do I love trying to guess or making up in my head what they mean and chuckling to myself. Does it mean any of the following?

"The f*** is going down here?"

"Thank f*** it's gone doe yeh"

"That first indiscretion got dogs howling"

??

Edited by Twisted (see edit history)

I have no idea what TFIGDH means but God do I love trying to guess or making up in my head what they mean and chuckling to myself. Does it mean any of the following?

"The f*** is going down here?"

"Thank f*** it's gone doe yeh"

"That first indiscretion got dogs howling"

??

No, keep trying...!!

Hello all! :) can someone pllleeeaaassee help me? I think my auto box is $#@!ed and I need to find a decent second hand one :( oh my supra lady she deeeaaadd.

Have you checked the level on the dipstick ? is it a nice cherry red colour or blackish brown

Guest pandabear

Afternoon all. Right, when I first got her oh man was amazing to drive ducking loved it. Right, started with all the symptoms of a manual clutch slip high revs no power then reverse died too. Although I've been topping up the oil it seems to have none in it at all. When checked it seemed slightly dark but smelt the same as what was in the bottle itself I thought burnt but supposedly not lol. When it started going wrong she wouldn't come out of first till nearly red line unless it was in D overdrive on and in manual. Then it would change around 4000 ish but the gear changes were long and drawn out. And now it's pretty much ducked. So ha ha, I'm trying to sell my Celica to get the money for a mother gear box. I don't k ow if a rebuild is worth the money. Unfortunately when I got it the it had the old od light flashing the guy Igor it from oh man did not have a clue he had never used manual didn't know what the od was for nothing. The way he put the flashing light was it doesn't flash when it's off but flashes to tell you the od is in.naive yeah perhaps I was but I'd never seen it before had nothing to compare it too and having aspergers I take what people say literally plus who am I to know? If you don't know you don't know end of lol. Thanks for all your help people. Live long and supra.

Edited by Gaz6002
inserted a duck or two (see edit history)

That last post isn't actually too hard to understand. It's missing a lot of punctuation granted but it's pretty decipherable.

Unfortunately I wish I could help mate but I don't really have any idea. Sounds like you've tried what people have suggested to I guess a new gearbox is in the question.

Is it deffo a Twin? not a N/A to TT.

That would make the o/d flash.

Is it possible to do a TT swap and leave the n.a auto box in? just a thought

From what your saying it sounds like the box is shot.

Just to say that i do understand Aspergers syndrome but try to cut the swears out.

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

Guest pandabear

Hi guys. Sorry blame the armed forces for me swearing like a trooper. As for punctuation me and my phone keyboard do not get along well, so I am sorry for effort it's taken to read :(. Yes it's an n/a but I think it's had it. I don't really want to go back to the Celica lol.

I would take it to a mechanic you trust. Don't go replacing gearboxes until you're pretty sure that's what's wrong: trial and error is a very expensive way of fixing cars. They wouldn't have to be a supra expert, but some of the pro mechanics on here are the best. Be wary of asking mates who claim a bit of car knowledge unless they really do know their stuff.