The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance help

Dom1993

I got mine (twinturbo 6 speed) 2 weeks before I turned 22, a bit of a birthday present to myself, i've only been driving 2 and a half years and left my no claims on my modified 4x4,

I'm with admiral and it worked out for the remainder of the mulicar policy (10months) with breakdown cover that takes me home, I paid £530 fully comp

When I was getting quotes, pre facelift were cheaper to insure by nearly half, it made no difference auto to manual, or near enough no difference NA or TT

Edited by crock (see edit history)

That's funny I paid £700 when I was 21 with a jap import

I stand corrected!!

Although it's insurance so its a lottery anyway, just because you paid £700 when you were 21 (and you havent specified whether it was a supra, just a "jap import") doesn't necessarily mean he will get a matching price, its generally harder to insure an import at 21 compared to a UK car although everyone has stories to the contrary.

I could get an imported civica at 21, jus' sayin!

Edited by JordanC (see edit history)

I got mine (twinturbo 6 speed) 2 weeks before I turned 22, a bit of a birthday present to myself, i've only been driving 2 and a half years and left my no claims on my modified 4x4,

I'm with admiral and it worked out for the remainder of the mulicar policy (10months) with breakdown cover that takes me home, I paid £530 fully comp

When I was getting quotes, pre facelift were cheaper to insure by nearly half, it made no difference auto to manual, or near enough no difference NA or TT

Must be down to post code etc we have tryed everythink and can't get it down that much I've got it to a £1022 which for a 21 year old (just turned 21 ) for a import tt6 wasn't to bad imo

I stand corrected!!

Although it's insurance so its a lottery anyway, just because you paid £700 when you were 21 (and you havent specified whether it was a supra, just a "jap import") doesn't necessarily mean he will get a matching price, its generally harder to insure an import at 21 compared to a UK car although everyone has stories to the contrary.

I could get an imported civica at 21, jus' sayin!

It was a TT supra clever nuts lol

Must be down to post code etc we have tryed everythink and can't get it down that much I've got it to a £1022 which for a 21 year old (just turned 21 ) for a import tt6 wasn't to bad imo

I think that's cheap mate for your age and no claims you got I was lucky as if had a few more under my belt

Can't wait for you to be driving it now

Yeah most likely, how ever teesside isn't a great postcode to insure things,

However £1000 mark I'd say is pretty good considering the car, and to be honest after the few months of owning mine I'd happily pay £1000 to drive it, best purchase I've made