The mkiv Supra Owners Club

LED Rear Lights AWSOME

Guest a.jennett

Guest a.jennett

Just finished making these for my pride and joy. its was pretty easy to make i just got some led halos and got a second hand pair of lights and kinda hacked the insides up and made little mounts so i could stick the rings on.

i thought id just show them off haha ill try upload some at night they look even better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20141111_165557[1].jpg

20141111_165601[1].jpg

Guest Knightrider1980
Each to there own obviously..... I don't like them at all. Standard facelift ftw

I agree, they look kind of cheesy to me.....but like you said "Each to there own"

Guest a.jennett

Ill put up some pics when I was making them but theres not much. And ill find the link tomorrow as well. And sorry but a how to guide is a bit to much of a hassle sorry

Guest a.jennett

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-2x-Super-Bright-140mm-Truck-Car-COB-Led-Angel-Eyes-Halo-Ring-Light-9-30V-R18-/181577662460?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a46df3ffc&vxp=mtr

those are the ones i used just different size. i think its 90mm and 80mm i used for the break light and the park lights are cheaper ones like this for the park and reverse lights(60mm and 70mm i think)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-Bright-White-80mm-Angel-Eyes-24-SMD-LED-Ring-Car-Light-/181408533365?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a3cca8b75&vxp=mtr

a quick how to do:

pull lights off and pull them apart. i put the oven on 100 and left them in there for 5min to get the black rubber stuff soft enough to pull apart.

unscrew it all and take out the lenses

measure the holes and cut a plastic circle to fit in each cavity and they should all have a little lip to rest on. (some of them arnt level)

glue or silicon the led halo lights to the plastic circles and make sure they are well stuck on because my first attempt one fell off so i had to pull it apart and redo them all to be safe.

put them all together and i have put tint on the out side lens so the led rings arnt so obvious.

you will have to cut the wires and solder the lights in or put connectors on to hook them up

thats pretty much it and its really straight forward to do.

i have used some led load resisters (20w i think in parallel ) off ebay so the indicators flash right and the brake light out sign is on because of the led but its not problem.