The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra key question....mines ugly!

Josh42

Strange one I know....but my key has always really annoyed me, it looks really old fashioned and bland.

I've noticed at a few meets that some supra keys came with a black plastic toyota shroud on them and I wondered if I could get hold of one to fit my key?

I don't want one with buttons on unless they can be programmed to be functional.

Can anyone help?

Strange one I know....but my key has always really annoyed me, it looks really old fashioned and bland.

I've noticed at a few meets that some supra keys came with a black plastic toyota shroud on them and I wondered if I could get hold of one to fit my key?

I don't want one with buttons on unless they can be programmed to be functional.

Can anyone help?

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/10/411a7f9dae7848a065aa8942bad75039.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/10/bcbd2ec5804cf039eb8c10ccd8dca7b8.jpg

That looks like the original spare key that I have had with my past Supras.

But with the new one, possibly because I have the optional extra remote key, I have a standard key as my spare...

keys1.JPG

keys2.JPG

As listy said, I put my toad alarm fob, and key together, and came up with this :

My original key/s are the same as yours, and I wanted a neater solution. I bought two of the plastic topped keys off eBay, and got a local locksmith shop to cut them. They messed both up, so at that point I made my own!