The mkiv Supra Owners Club

testing the water... IPT modified auto valve body for sale

jumpbike

I have installed an IPT transmission modified valve body in my TT auto box. Apparently the correct way of making the auto hold good power instead of shimming etc. Increases shift speed and clamping force to give the clutches as little time and chance as possible to slip therefor making the box last long against big power.

If you've read my other posts you'll know my engine and box is installed in a Land Cruiser and after my box shit out I had it rebuilt and the valve body done by IPT in America.

Problem for me now is the change from 1st to 2nd is rather harsh, too harsh to be comfortable in a permanent 4wd vehicle. Its gonna destroy the chain in my transfer box or something.

I am debating 2 options, going back to a standard valve body and shim it slightly but at least I can control that or use an N/A valve body and suprastick to control it.

Just wondering if I do this, would there be any interest in my modified valve body for anyone looking for a more reliable auto if they are pushing big power?

well id be looking to just speed up the shifts a bit on a standard one, its only really BPU so probably doesn't need the modified valve body to be reliable.

I don't know what they do but its supposed to rate the box to 600+hp or what ever the average torque is at that power. Just allows more oil to flow internally.

Im not sure on cost really because its been in for 20 miles and cost a significant amount to get done, if there is some genuine interest though I will have a think taking into account the exchange of a standard one

Are you running a standard one at the mo and with what power? I think this is exactly what its modified for, with it being America and all and they only race in straight lines. IPT do a full built box which is a couple grand but with the same valve body mods installed. They rate their box to 9.99 seconds which is a weird way of doing it but suggests its built for drag racing.

• 1 year later...