The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Northern Meet - Not Mascrat

garetheves

A few of us are thinking we should have a meet for us Northerners soon as Mascrat is proving a bit awquard on a monday and never the best show of soops anyway. We were thinking about somewhere like the Trafford Centre, large open space, plenty of parking spaces. Should be able to find a section of parking and take over it quite easily.

Would be looking to do it back end of this month (Jan). Names below of people that would be interested and ideas for exact dates.

1. Garetheves (Gaz)

2. Rays The Roof.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few of us are thinking we should have a meet for us Northerners soon as Mascrat is proving a bit awquard on a monday and never the best show of soops anyway. We were thinking about somewhere like the Trafford Centre, large open space, plenty of parking spaces. Should be able to find a section of parking and take over it quite easily.

Would be looking to do it back end of this month (Jan). Names below of people that would be interested and ideas for exact dates.

1. Garetheves (Gaz)

2. Rays The Roof.

3. SilverMachine

I'm in! Any time apart from 22-23 and 29th Jan

Aye, me and the Mrs are down there quite often. There are a few nasty speed bumps on there that catch my Soop's arse so I tend not to take it! I'd be scared to death leaving it there anyway, I'm paranoid at the best of times!

Yep, I'm glad you'll be at the meet too, as I still feel quite left out with everyone else on here at the moment. Oh well, not for long I hope anyway!

I'll see you there then mate when a date has been agreed!

:upside:

Right so this is who we have so far:

1. Garetheves (Gaz)

2. Rays The Roof.

3. SilverMachine

4. paul mac

5. Zed Sundays would suit me best

6. paulduffield80 (weekends are kewl for me)

Thinking either next sunday 23rd, or the week after, the 30th. How are these dates for people. I know its short notice but im kind of an impulsive guy and want to make up for missing Mascrat this month.

Gaz

Right so this is who we have so far:

1. Garetheves (Gaz)

2. Rays The Roof.

3. SilverMachine

4. paul mac

7. Tobyg (If possible)

I work on an oil rig and only get off it on the 24th, and my supra's got a burnt out clutch, but if it's the 30th ish, I will come if It's fixed.

Would be my 1st meet aswell. :)

I'll pop over from "the other coast". It would have to be 29th or 30th for me though.

1. Garetheves (Gaz)

2. Rays The Roof.

3. SilverMachine

4. paul mac

7. Tobyg (If possible)

8. Boneyard (29th/30th)

I'll need direction / junction numbers please and an idea whereabouts in the Trafford Center (Its quite big aint it?) :conf:

1. Garetheves (Gaz)

2. Rays The Roof.

3. SilverMachine

4. paul mac

7. Tobyg (If possible)

8. Boneyard (29th/30th)

9. npotts

Right looks like its gonna be Sun 30th of Jan then. Thats not this sunday but next sunday...cool. I vote for the Car park near where the new John Lewis is being built (where i saw you Chase). Its replaced the Festival Village for those of you that know it. Its the easiest to get to from the motorway, in my opinion. If its pissing down then i reckon one of the lower level covered ones. Trying to get a map of the centre to find out the names of the areas but the link doesnt seem to be working.

Easiest way to get to the outdoor one mentioned above is to get off the M60 at junction 9. NOT 10 which is where all of the signs point. If you come off there you get stuck in loads of traffic. Carry on to Junction 9 and then follow the signs.

If anyone has any better ideas then please post them but this car park very rarely gets filled, so can all park cars together, and you dont get caught in loads of traffic both getting there and getting away afterwards.

Reckon bout 12 noon would be best time, give time for the opening rush of people to die down.

What do you reckon. This ok for everyone?

Gaz

Thats what i was trying to get, cheers Silver. link didnt seem to be working. The outdoor carpark is by the "under development" section (2nd file) and will be signposted "Festival Village" (1st file). If its raingin id go for the lower level of Peel Avenue car park. Quite big but should be easy to find a group of soops in there. just follow ur ears.

See everyone there

Gaz