The mkiv Supra Owners Club

blakes 95 na to tt build

Guest Suprablake87

Guest Suprablake87

What's up guys, New to the form looking for advice on a supra I just acquired. Its a 95 5 speed n/a supra body. In its current condition it doesn't look like much well maybe like a reject from that famous movie we all know. [GRIN][/GRIN]. In the next few months I plan to redo the car. I'm currently In the phase of finishing the body work on the car. My personal preference would have been not to add any kit but because the side skirts are molded in and the body work is decent & most importantly I would rather spend money on the motor 1st I'm not going to redo this until its running.

What I know so far is the current owner had this car turbo charged and blew engine not sure if it was 2jzgte or not he said he was going to redo but money was tight. I guess while the car sat he decided to work on the body. He said he needed money and was unable to go any further on this. I made him an offer on the car we both could agree on and drove to get.

The car is complete minus engine and a few interior parts

what I did get whit the car is the following.

2jz n/a wiring harness "I think"

org 5 speed trans

19'' racing heart rims

greedy management system

aem a/f

boost gauge

I feel confident that I am able to do all the work needed as I used to work in a restoration shop & have more than common knowledge of motors.

I need input from people who are familiar with the motors and wiring the car for tt. swap

I am going to put a tt unit in the car but I am torn between using the jdm astrio vvti engine or non vvti 2jz what do you guys suggest, and would I be able to use the current ems with the vvti engine?

I plan to leave the stock turbos on the car until I can get everything worked out.

in the end my hp goals are 400-500 hp

I really appreciate your feedback/advice on this. also if your located in Greenville sc location pm me

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

Edited by Suprablake87
pix (see edit history)