The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help

gaz1

IIRC its to move the lever out of P if you cant turn the car on and in an emergency you need to move the car

That sounds about right, as for the manual, they are harder to come by, I think you could get them from Toyota, but not sure anymore, you can find them occasionally secondhand but they don't tend to be cheap. TBH I wouldn't trust something like a Haynes manual on a soop. Lots of info on them all over the web though, and if you cannot find it after a search, someone will be able to help you.

the red button is the hyperspeed button...

When the gearbox is in manual mode, you push the red button to swing the ECU into performance mode, and it goes like the clappers, you gain an extra 25bhp at the wheels.....

Just kidding, the button releases the gearbox when you haven't got the footbrake on or the ignition...

handy when you are working on the dash..

The manual button just turns the auto box into a quasi-manual....

If you put into manual mode and put it into Drive, and you are stationery... it will pull away in 2nd and change as soon as possible into 3rd, rather handy in snow and stuff...

Also note that in manual mode it won't go into overdrive... so you have 3 gears available.

Gav

Gav

im a complete autobox nooob. To start manu mode do i just press it down when in park and the begin driving in D? Is 1st gear D, 2nd gear 2 and 3rd gear L? How do you shift just press the main button on the stick in and shift down and up as if you were moving the stick from drive to neutral etc?? It is safe to shift the box when moving isnt it?? Newbie alert!!

Yeah, I find I use the MANU button quite a bit. As when your playing about with sliding around corners you need control over the revs and leaving it in auto could make things go wrong. It also helps to use it for engine braking when say your giving it large around the twisties...*

Hornet

*All driving done by myself which would be considered dangerous or above speed limits are done so on a track or private property