The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some pics of my new TT Supe :)

hadyn

I am glad you are Happy Haydn and got the problems sorted :thumbs:

Unfortunately, posting up pics of your new motor on the BBS will attract honest, negative comments as well as positive. I am sure soonto wasnt being nasty, just offering an opinion.

TBH, I agree with him, I think the front number plate is far too big but it isnt about what we think, it is about what you are happy with ;)

what a warm welcome :(

the front number plate looks good to me, and the fog light can be removed, so please dont bust a blood vessel over it :)

If I didn't say it, someone else would of, the rest of the car looks very clean and tidy (although it does need a wash) it also has nice wheels. So all in all a nice little car.

As CJ said, my points were my opinion, so please "don't bust a blood vessel" over them.

:lalala: :nana: :donkey:

Looks awfull mate! whatever made you buy that! :p sell it to me!

seriously though it looks spot on! (apart from the bits already mentioned) :p

how are you getting on with an auto box?

one word the auto box is great, its great for pootling about in off boost and in traffic and its great for a linear delivery of power taking you upto 100mph very very easily. Still a bit confused on what all the buttons stuck on to it do though like MANU, Overdrive and the red button with japanese text underneath it that looks like an ejector button!

the red button with japanese text underneath it that looks like an ejector button! if its a targa top then it pobably is! :upside:

i drove an auto on some B roads at lowish speeds and found that i realy noticed the lack of engine braking!

yep i'd agree with you there the auto doesnt want to slow down when you take your foot off the happy pedal!! Brakes do feel a totally different class to my modded S14s 10 groove brembo

i drove an auto on some B roads at lowish speeds and found that i realy noticed the lack of engine braking!

Engine braking is there if you want it, at speed click the OD off to drop a gear then pull back to '2' then '1' - works just as well on track as it does on the road to give some awesome stopping.

Needs some clear side repeaters, apart form that looks nice matey.

MANU works like this:

Turn off O/D button and turn on MANU..

L = 1st gear

2 = 2nd gear

D = 3rd gear

Its locks it in these gears and lets you use for engine braking or whatever :D

The "RED" button - Don't EVER push it, its seriously dangerous. Nah not really it simply allows you to take the car out of park without applying the brake. Makes it easier to clean or whatever when its turned off etc.

...when it comes to BB politics and the abrupt nature of some people, i've been well versed in procedure through my 2 years living on the SXOC board :)

and then some mods may comence....

Hadyn,

Welcome to the world of Supra! Nice ride mate.

Brutus told me that you'd finally seen the light (he he).

"Minky" and her Silvia are still in the land of the living.

Have you still got your S14 or do you use your Soop as your

daily drive?

Keep in touch.

Might even see you down at Donnington Park on the 13th Feb.

See how work pans out.

Gaz (and Al says "hi") :respekt:

Needs some clear side repeaters, apart form that looks nice matey.

MANU works like this:

Turn off O/D button and turn on MANU..

L = 1st gear

2 = 2nd gear

D = 3rd gear

Its locks it in these gears and lets you use for engine braking or whatever :D

Just to expand on this a little.

In 'MANU' mode,

L = !st Gear only.

2 = 2nd Gear only. (First gear will not engage even when pulling away from stopped) This allows you to pull away from a standstill in 2nd - useful when you're on a slippy surface/snow etc.

D = 2nd AND 3rd gear. Overdrive (the apparent '4th gear') does not operate in Manu mode at all.

Also, using 'Manu' mode makes the transition of gear changes a bit quicker. (But when the foot is down hard, also a bit harsher) Useful for when you do standing 1/4's at Santa Pod etc.