The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japspeed stuff...

jon_dragon

I fitted an exhaust supplied by my customer to his Impreza. Fitted like a glove.

That said, another customer has one fitted to her GT4 (fitted by someone else) and it touches everywhere it shouldn't. I'm not sure it it's a bad exhaust or bad fitment or if the pipe's just too big.

I think I might try the Driftworks ones and see how I get on

I wouldn't.. If you are going to spend money on the car get some stuff thats at least proven like Ikeya, Wisefab, Marks Engineering or stick with OEM.

Loosing any suspension arm on a car is going to result in a big ££££'s accident or worse kill someone.

Even if the arm does not fail, you will only be dissapointed as when you next jack the car up after a few months to find out what is causing that "new" knocking noise, you will find that the "new" cheapo arm bearings are shot due to the bad roads salt and dirt. Uprated fully adjustable arms are really only practical and useful for track use where after every track event the car is checked, parts are cleaned or replaced and clearances are checked before the next event.

I don't mean to sound off and I understand that the OEM arms are very expensive, however if you want the car to last and give you "trouble free" motoring then look at the evidence, its taken well over a decade of use on the OEM arm to warrant replacement. Try and match that with an open bearing aftermarket cheap arm and well you simply wont, you would be lucky for it to last 6 months before you need start to need to replace stuff.

I have yet to see anyone talk in favor of these cheap arms as yet.. that has to be ringing big big bells...

• 1 month later...

So these Driftworks arms are on. Your probably all wondering what they're like...

To be honest, when we put them on they were squeaky and creeky but thats probably because we didnt grease them up before we put them on. I've had it on a ramp today and stuck a bit of Toyotas own silicone spray on (PZ447-00PD1-05) so we'll see what happens next.

As for the ride, its a lot tighter and it tracks better. The only issue is, I can feel and hear speed humps a lot more if I go over them at a funny angle or too fast and it sounds like something broke.

So if you do go for these over the standard ones, please remember to grease everything up first! And spray a bit more on afterwards.