The mkiv Supra Owners Club

converting non tt supra rotors and calipers to the turbo ones

Guest a.jennett

Guest a.jennett

hi there i just got a supra and the brakes need replacing and i have been looking into up grading to the turbo rotors and calipers.

is it as easy as bolting them off and on or do i need to change the lines and get spacers ect?

i have 17inch rims on the back and have heard that they can already clear them

THANKS

Pretty much unbolt the old & fit the new but you'll need to modify the back plates or remove them.

Check you wheels will fit over them as they're a lot bigger than the 2 pot and 1 pot calipers, you'll need

a 17" diameter wheel minimum and you'll also need to check the clearance between the face of the caliper

and the back of the spokes.

Do a full fluid change and replace the brake lines.

If your fitting old second hand calipers check the outer dirt seals as these perish with age.

Also make sure you fit the rotors/discs on the right way round as they're handed, left and right. If

they're OE discs L & R should be cast into them.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Its really simple tbh dude, unbolt the 2pot calipers and discs and bolt the 4pot calipers and discs in, the lines etc are all the same, you may have to bend the heat shield slightly if you dont have the 4pot sheilds though,

regarding your wheels, what are they? Stock 17"? If so they will fit for sure, if not alot depends on spoke design and offset

Guest a.jennett

there 17 inch non stock and iv heard you can just bend the heat shield a bit to fit them and everything else is the same and it dosnt have abs or it dosnt work ha the big black lines down my road when i tested it would agree. whooops

thanks for the help guys!!!!!!!

I did a pictorial how to about ten years ago. I will have to re-do it when I finally get around to fitting the brand new UK spec brakes I bought for the same price knackered old ones sell on here for :)

I found that the dust shield did not bend so well so I tin snipped it in about inch segments and bent it out of the way that way.

The wheel issue is bound to be the biggest stopper as those callipers are big assed bar stewards and need some sensible offset to clear them