The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Toy V8 Landy

tooquicktostop

Wow, that shifts !

No, I have been chatting to a mate about off roading for some time and as I am in full mid life crisis I have just gone for it, there are loads of places to green lane and get muddy around here

• 4 months later...

Well the Landy has undergone a fair amount of work in the last few weeks including

New rear subframe

New gas struts

New brake disks and pads

Partial Rewire

New Clutch and flywheel

New front wheel bearings

New steering bushes

New water pump

Full service including transfer box and diff oils

I am now having a full respray in gun metal grey with black for the rails, chequer plate and trim, should be ready next week then it has a new stainless custom exhaust being fitted

Finally I want the wheels in shiny black, this will happen in the coming weeks

• 3 weeks later...
Went to look at the new paint job today and it has taken years off the Landy, Will be a week to add the parts back onto the car and I will post pics then

Look forward to seeing it!

I keep toying with the idea of a 90. It'd have to be a diesel though. Either a 300 or a TD5. Only draw back being I'm quite wide. And Landy's generally aren't. And my elbow would get wet when it rained as I'd have to have it poking out of the window. :D

Look forward to seeing it!

I keep toying with the idea of a 90. It'd have to be a diesel though. Either a 300 or a TD5. Only draw back being I'm quite wide. And Landy's generally aren't. And my elbow would get wet when it rained as I'd have to have it poking out of the window. :D

The V8 is silly on fuel, good job its a toy, you are right on the elbow room, a mate of mine drove mine and ruled it out as the right arm elbow room is "zero" without the window open

The V8 is silly on fuel, good job its a toy, you are right on the elbow room, a mate of mine drove mine and ruled it out as the right arm elbow room is "zero" without the window open

That's why I love my Surf. It's just as capable, bit more comfy and looks the nuts on 33" Grizzlies with a 2" lift and a snorkel.

Bet the V8 sounds the nuts though! Have you been for a play in the mud yet?

That's why I love my Surf. It's just as capable, bit more comfy and looks the nuts on 33" Grizzlies with a 2" lift and a snorkel.

Bet the V8 sounds the nuts though! Have you been for a play in the mud yet?

Oh yes, took it to windscreen water/mud, had to hose the inside out, no issues but the clean up was interesting !

Oh yes, took it to windscreen water/mud, had to hose the inside out, no issues but the clean up was interesting !

Yeah, petrol station's don't like it when you use their jet washes either. :innocent:

I fitted my snorkel a few months back and went down a local lane. It was dark. Big, water filled hole. It got darker as the headlights disappeared. Great fun!! :D

even better when your knees get wet lol !

Ha. Another benefit of having a vehicle where the doors fit and the rubber seals work! Lol

That said, when the water's really deep, the big, air tight arse end of my surf has a tendancy to float!! :blink: