The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scottish supra's 2015 calender - Would anyone be interested?

drift_bear

Interest in a Scottish Supra's 2015 calender  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Interest in a Scottish Supra's 2015 calender

Since i haven't seen any threads or anything about a 2015 club calender, i've been speaking to Tony about making a scottish supra's version for next year. The question is, would there be much interest at all in something like that? IF i can get enough interest then i will open up a new thread and get the picture entries in and then hopefully have enough to start a voting thread!

I have found a site than can do great deals if i buy in bulk, so let me know asap so i can get the ball rolling....

If you mean for yourself to organise it mate...I'm not sure you will get much interest from down south by calling it a Scottish Supras calender!?

Why not just take submissions from the whole club!?

I'll easy organise it if we get enough interest for it! Nothing new there not getting much interest from southern members as soon as Scotland is mentioned :innocent:

2. When there has been calenders, theres very little (if any) of our cars make it in...

There's no anti-Scot conspiracy here! :rlol:

It's all about supply and demand, I suppose, but I don't see what good it does when we struggle so much to fill the club calendar as it is.

How many would you expect to sell? More than 12 (one for each car in it)? Otherwise I don't see the point, unless it's simply to get your car into a calendar regardless.

I'm sure those dedicated to having their car in print for one month of the year will make sure they submit as many photos as they can to each calendar lol :D

You'd be surprised at the way some people think... for instance, if an 'OK' shot is likely to get into the Scottish calendar and not the Official one, the member won't enter it for the Official one as they don't want to be seen to be losing. It's their car, after all! That means we get less entries for the Official one, and so quality suffers. :)

As a photographer I totally understand what you are saying, but does that mean that the official calendar could in theory have the same members cars every year because a) they are nice cars and photograph well or b) the owner has photographic competence or has paid for professional shots etc?

I'm only commenting blind as I haven't seen previous years calendars, was just curious.

As a photographer I totally understand what you are saying, but does that mean that the official calendar could in theory have the same members cars every year because a) they are nice cars and photograph well or b) the owner has photographic competence or has paid for professional shots etc?

I'm only commenting blind as I haven't seen previous years calendars, was just curious.

I suppose that side of things would be at the discretion of the person doing the calendar... but I see your point. Pics of Gamer's car, for instance, would still look great now.

We've been pretty good in the past about this sort of thing though. My car got in one year on a shot taken on a pocketcam by my mate who ran across the road while we were outside a well-lit building!

Seems that I've opened a can of worms or at least upset some people with the thought of a separate calender :faint:

It's not personally upsetting to be honest, but I can see the people who put a huge amount of effort into the calendars for absolutely no return might be a little peeved.

Still, if you think you can sell them, there's nothing stopping you doing a private lot :)

Some people never change their Tampon mate I wouldn't worry.

:rolleyes:

Guest Nicholas
And Wales and Northern Ireland obviously.... ;)

Not the Welsh, definitely not the welsh...

On a serious note, why not start a Scottish based supra club and have a calendar? job done!