The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ecu haltech or aem infinity 8

blackrzs

I'm going to upgrade from twin to single conversion...which ECU would you choose....Haltech Platinum 2000 or Aem Infinity 8?

Who is tuning the car and what do they recommend and why?

Most on here will tell you to go for a Syvecs and to have it tuned by RyanG, its the most popular one on here.

However there are alternatives like those you mention and also the ECU Master range that Nodalmighty on here sells and are very popular in other parts of Europe. Have a look here for more info: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?300987-Nodalmighty

Like Shane says, it depends alot on who will tune it and their experience.

Infinity is really good and we are using it on several cars right now (for most we make our own harnesses)

Does anything you want. But needs a little more experience to use.

Haltech is good and also does alot. Though easier to tune (not always an advantage)

If you want haltech then you should wait until the new Elite series is released.

More options and capabilities.

Syvecs is also good and most UK and alot of European guys use it.

The problem most of the time is finding a tuner who is open to using sonething different or

They will mostly suggest what ecu to buy dependant on what they have most experience with

It can be frustrating sometimes.

Choose someone local or someone that can help you easily when you have any issues!

Then look at what ecu they can tune.

There are alot of good ones out there, but it also depends on what you want it to do.

Edited by Callaway Motorsport (see edit history)

Who is tuning the car and what do they recommend and why?

Most on here will tell you to go for a Syvecs and to have it tuned by RyanG, its the most popular one on here.

However there are alternatives like those you mention and also the ECU Master range that Nodalmighty on here sells and are very popular in other parts of Europe. Have a look here for more info: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?300987-Nodalmighty

yeaah i'v seen that syvecs is quite good and many uses it...but here in Malta no one has ever worked with it neither the tuners..thanks for the link

Guest FullAttack

I LOVE the PS2000.. Iv installed one on the 1jz S13 I sponsor, great ecu, good value for money, tons of functions, tons of inputs and outputs, easy to use software, good customer support.. I use a LOT of the ps500's but rarely have the chance to get my hands on the 2000's.. Haltech gets my vote :)

They do a fully terminated loom too, if I was you though, I wouldn't get that loom.. Although it's nicely made, it still needs a lot of wiring in.. I make beautiful looms from scratch, but I need the car in my shop to wire it all in.. Best bet would be to contact ChaseBays in the USA, they can make you a beautiful loom that'll literally be plug and play, they are setup to produce a loom for any jz in any car with any ecu..

Ps, the syvecs is very powerful, but all I ever hear is how much hag they are to use..

I LOVE the PS2000.. Iv installed one on the 1jz S13 I sponsor, great ecu, good value for money, tons of functions, tons of inputs and outputs, easy to use software, good customer support.. I use a LOT of the ps500's but rarely have the chance to get my hands on the 2000's.. Haltech gets my vote :)

They do a fully terminated loom too, if I was you though, I wouldn't get that loom.. Although it's nicely made, it still needs a lot of wiring in.. I make beautiful looms from scratch, but I need the car in my shop to wire it all in.. Best bet would be to contact ChaseBays in the USA, they can make you a beautiful loom that'll literally be plug and play, they are setup to produce a loom for any jz in any car with any ecu..

Ps, the syvecs is very powerful, but all I ever hear is how much hag they are to use..

thankx mate