The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New upper control arms ...

ManwithSupra

Looks nice and sealed bearing will last longer , but is that price for 1 arm !!

Yes per arm but it is in AUD so works out to be £656 each before taxes etc... pretty expensive!

However nice to have a choice now.

I also like that they put the weight of the arms, it seems its hard to get info like that from Ikeya etc.

Yes per arm but it is in AUD so works out to be £656 each before taxes etc... pretty expensive!

However nice to have a choice now.

I also like that they put the weight of the arms, it seems its hard to get info like that from Ikeya etc.

Very that will be a easy £1600 uk , have you seen the wisefab kits allows for a full adjustment http://www.driftworks.com/wisefab-toyota-supra-rear-suspension-arm-hub-knuckle-kit-jza80.html

or Japspeed do a cheap upper arm not sure how long it would last though but some people must be buying this stuff

http://www.japspeed.co.uk/toyota-supra-rear-upper-camber-arms.html

Very that will be a easy £1600 uk , have you seen the wisefab kits allows for a full adjustment http://www.driftworks.com/wisefab-toyota-supra-rear-suspension-arm-hub-knuckle-kit-jza80.html

or Japspeed do a cheap upper arm not sure how long it would last though but some people must be buying this stuff

http://www.japspeed.co.uk/toyota-supra-rear-upper-camber-arms.html

Yeah I spoke with Wisefab about a year ago now, they don't have locations for the ABS sensors which I need.

They said they could add them however after asking a few more questions it all went quiet their end...

I have seen the other cheap stuff, I wouldn't trust them on a milk float..

Yeah I spoke with Wisefab about a year ago now, they don't have locations for the ABS sensors which I need.

They said they could add them however after asking a few more questions it all went quiet their end...

I have seen the other cheap stuff, I wouldn't trust them on a milk float..

Shame on the wisefab front as that would have been intresting, lol @milk float :)

Guest Nicholas

Mark's blog is brilliant,

"Many moons ago I was going about my business of stirring shit and sometimes helping people on the supraforums. There was a thread where a well known bell end had paid a serious amount of cash for some seriously ugly control arms. Each to his own. Anyway upon respectfully pointing out that in my humble opinion, aluminium was strong enough for the application and steel is adding unnecessary weight, the guy goes batshit saying its better than i can do among other ignorant remarks, I knew for a fact this was incorrect. Here is a picture of them. #shotsfired

With this guy on a rampage I just had to one up him. So I set out to design my own. I designed them to be as much overkill as possible and to be as awesome as I could make them without regard to complexity or price. the end result became pretty well known, and are run on quite a few cars around the world."

A nice piece of billet aluminium alloy and a few minutes on a CNC mill and you can do your own.... ;) The brave might do some CF ones.

The less talented could alter new stock arms to take adjustable rod ends. Same for the lower wishbones.

Might take a tad longer i think Chris but nothing very hard really once you've got the

program sorted

A nice piece of billet aluminium alloy and a few minutes on a CNC mill and you can do your own.... ;) The brave might do some CF ones.

The less talented could alter new stock arms to take adjustable rod ends. Same for the lower wishbones.

I was thinking about that :) the actual material cost isn't much really.

I think I have some blocks of 6061 laying about which would be the right sort of size, not sure on the Temper though.

I would need some advice on what the best Joints etc are to use.

Not sure I have the balls to try and make CF ones..... just yet :D

I was thinking about that :) the actual material cost isn't much really.

I think I have some blocks of 6061 laying about which would be the right sort of size, not sure on the Temper though.

I would need some advice on what the best Joints etc are to use.

Not sure I have the balls to try and make CF ones..... just yet :D

No problems with joints, NMB will have what you need, no huge loadings on the top arms, the bottoms have suspension spring loads on the outer joint, but still readily available. Get writing :)

Was rather tongue in cheek, but once the program is written you can go and have a beer and come back later and admire it ;)

Or two :) i'd be dropping 4 at a time on a jig plate ;)

Datum shift to each one, you've got to love machining centers :)