The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS BOV install help

The Raven

Hi mate,

I don't believe (open to opinions) the stock pipes will fit the HKS BOV, they are not the right angle and when bent will kink and reduce the flow!

More than happy to post you the pipes (probably only a couple of quid for postage if you cover it) so you can get the car running on the stock BOV then post them back to me once you sort out the right pipes for your HKS upgrade.

Let me know what you think

Cheers

Matt

As i have both to hand i have taken a few photos to show the difference. The HKS pipework is only a little bit longer over all, but has a different angle when you try to line up either end against the stock pipework. The HKS one comes with a bracket to bolt it to the side of the main cast turbo pipework, so it sits at a slightly different angle to the stock Bov. But i'm sure with a bit of messing around you could make use of the stock pipework.

IMG_5885.JPG

IMG_5886.JPG

IMG_5887.JPG

Well i got a pipe to fit it but i cant hear anything coming from it.

I took it out and its making more or less the same noise as when it had a stock unit on it?!?!?!?!? I have no idea whats going on with it....So i will give up before i break something

I will buy matts pipes but the stock one back on and leave this one until im ready to BPU it and pay someone else to fit it

Thanks for all the help guys

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

Hi mate,

PM me your address and I'll post these to you today (know how annoying it can be with the car off the road)

You can have them for free, consider it my good deed for the day (maybe I'll win Euro millions tonight in return, seems only fair). Just cover me the postage which shouldn't be much at all, maybe a few quid but I'll let you know once sent.

See pic below, do you need all 3 or just the big 2?

IMAG0230.jpg

They have only done 60,000 miles of my 1998 fresh from Japan last month so not brittle at all!

Regards

Matt

LOL just the big two cheers mate

I will do you a deal i will give you a million if i win?

Its quite clear i buggered up installing this, i contacted the seller i got it from, he unbolted it and posted it to me from his own car......Seems to be an epic fail on my part

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

Yeh I'll hold you to that million :D

Posted 1st class, should be with you tomorrow if your lucky!

IMAG0231.jpg

LOL just the big two cheers mate

I will do you a deal i will give you a million if i win?

Its quite clear i buggered up installing this, i contacted the seller i got it from, he unbolted it and posted it to me from his own car......Seems to be an epic fail on my part