The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Battery Terminals

Westy

The battery on the black car has decided it's had enough and has given up the ghost!

Whilst reading the definitive battery thread I got to thinking about how ugly they are and how bad the terminals look when showing off the bay.

I started looking to see what options there were and came across these on eBay.com

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414082974.622497.jpg

My question is...will these fit or is there a difference in US terminal size like there is to Jap!?

Any other options!?

They look nice, cant really help on the fitment though, SAE is the most common terminal connection used, and as you say Japan use the smaller version (JIS) which is less common, worth posting a question to the seller to ask if they are SAE or JIS!

Will do thanks!:thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

Does it not give you all the sizes and diementions? Then you can just go and messure it all up?

Description only states:

One PAIR Stinger Dual 4 / 8 Gauge Gold Battery Terminal SPT83501

Brand New - Retails For 27.95 X 2 = 55.90

Stinger Part Number: SPT83501

Two Terminals Included. (positive and negative battery posts)

Features two 4 gauge and one 8 gauge outputs

Snap on protective covers included

Corrosion resistant gold plating

if you are using a UK battery then logically you can pop to Halfords and buy UK terminals. I use a larger positive audio block that takes 3 or 4 cables out the back and i've had no issues.

The only thing I must say I don't like about it is that it uses an Allen key style screw to tighten up and not a decent nut and bolt. If you are using non-standard intercooler pipes it can be a pain to get on and off usually needing you to take the intake pipe off the top end to get a decent driver in there.

This is very much like the one I use, I suggest you consider looking at the second one.

http://www.autotoys.com/pics/thumbs/t_SPT53102.jpg

These come with different coloured covers depending on where you buy them

There are stacks of options for battery terminals. I've had about 5 different sets in total.

Currently have a chrome set installed.....

http://www.mkivsuprastar.com/mkivsuprastar/Pics/Enginebay/7ddbe556f4d368b1b88e818ad13c98dc.jpg

There were gold options that looked similar though if that's the colour you are after. I believe I got them from car audio security, or somewhere similar.