The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do I know when my propshaft is gone?

Supradk

What kind of fails does it come up with if it's finish?

I can feel vibration's and hear rumbling when I'm cruising around. If I push the throttle it disappear. If I slip the throttle and it's "engine brake" it's also disappear.

When the supra is cold there's nothing and then when I have been driving for 10-15 min and it's warm it comes again.

What do you think guys? :D

Get the car up on a ramp. Take three bolts out of the rubber coupling to the differential flange. See if there's any free play in the centre or front joints by trying to rotate the back of the propshaft. Put the coupling back together again. Remove exhaust heat shield, remove the two bolts holding the centre bearing housing to the bodyshell, beware of the spacer washers between bracket and body shell location. Pull centre of propshaft down enough to spin the housing around the propshaft. it should spin easily and quietly. Further tests really need it off the car altogether. Your description does not shout "propshaft" to me.

You could drain the diff oil and see if there are any metal particles in it, but I would expect a failing diff bearing or crown wheel and pinion to be noisy all the time. Also check the gearbox rear mount isn't collapsing, or the engine mounts havce failed. the late type mounts are particularly troublesome, but don't usually make that much vibration or noise in my experience. Check exhaust hangers as well. The gearbox itself could have issues...

Update's

Got the car lifted up yesterday to check if there were anything wrong. The 4mm thickness washers there should be between support bearing and chassis was sitting at the bolt. we put them in the right place.

propshaft and support bearing was looking good and there were nothing wrong with them. it drives smother now but the noise and vibration is still there.

so now I think its the clutch that a "talking" ? here is the link to it:

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/toyota/supra/clutches-flywheels/spec-clutch-1562.html

any other idea's chris?

any of you guys that are driving with a noisy spec clutch? :-)