The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello and good bye :(

Guest Dan B

Unfortunately my uk supra was written off last week so there is 1 less uk supra left in the world sadly, I won't get another 1 even tho I have been offered a really nice 1 at a low price (not uk version) because the 1 I had belonged to a very close and dear friend who lost his life so held a lot of sentimental value to me, I might not be able to reply to this as you only get a few free posts and there is no point me joining as I'm no longer a supra owner

So whoever runs the supra uk register you can remove JT164JA8000004526 L588MGM As she sadly no longer exists they are not even breaking her for spares she is being crushed (absolute waste if you ask me)

To make matters worse the cheeky insurance is only offering me shit money for her and I find it an absolute insult

It's been really nice having the odd chats or advice from some of you so thank you and I hope you and your supra have a longer and closer bond than I did with mine

I have found 3 uk surpas for sale and they offered me less than the cheapest 1 for sale and mine was in better condition with lower mileage and this was even after I gave them all the info, my case has now been sent to complaints and could take up to 8 weeks to deal with, I'm gutted enough cos of the loss of the car without being insulted by a valuation from a supposed credited valuation company who wasn't interested in the condition of it pre accident

Ouch, sorry for your loss, especially as the car had such value to you not just in monetary terms.

If you don't kind me asking, what was the accident that caused them to write it off? Was it quite a lot of damage and could you not have asked for it to be kept as a Q plate etc and out back on the road? (I'm not overly sure how that while process works)

It was cat b so they can't sell it back to me which was a waste as the engine was low mileage the interior was absolutely perfect and the rear of the car was too, in some ways I'm glad it's now gone as it was breaking my heart seeing it sat on my drive it was a dream car that had extreme value and held lots of memories for me, I know it's almost being a traitor but I think I might go for an integra next

It is sad and yeah I'm ok just whiplash now, the cops reckon a partial blame of the accident was diesel on the road and it had been raining so was like an ice rink

I have just settled with the insurance they gave me 8000 which I personally think isn't too bad but when you consider it was a21 year old car with full service history every receipt of what was spent on her and she was completely standard even had the same exhaust that it had from new it was almost like driving a brand new car apart from you don't get build quality like that any more, and you are all right the financial side will never cover the sentiment that was lost

It's now time to start searching the classifieds, anyone got an integra type r dc5 or know anyone that's selling 1 at a reasonable price?

Nice but way out of my price range there are a few around so I'll just keep looking, the importers mark the price up a hell of a lot to what they pay, I know it's their business and they do it to make money but surely lowering the price and selling more would be equally as lucrative for them