The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Women drivers! I've only gone and crashed Marc's car today

_sammy_

This morning I only went and put Marc's car into the crash barrier on the a690.

Lost the rear end tried to catch it, the car started to go towards the inside line (where there was a car) so I turned it the other way and hit the barrier instead of the car, hitting the front end I then turned the steering wheel the other way and put the brakes on (yes I now know not to put the brakes on) then rear end hit the barrier and I closed my eyes.

When I opened them I was half on the grass and the front end was in the inside lane (managed to miss the other car in the inside lane) I got out for the car and called Marc to which there was people coming towards me to see if I was ok.

The lad in the white van behind me said to Marc as I hit the rear end it put me in a 360 spin across two lines and then hit the grass.

The car will need front bumper, headlight as that snapped clean off and went over the car as I hit the front end and new wheels as I've bent the rear drivers side.

As I'm waiting for Marc to get to me, I was thinking he's going to kill me! As I had just seen the front end of the car and was thinking the rear is going to be a mess. But there was little damage to the rear.

Marc drove the car back to ours as the policeman said if he could drive it then he could take the car, so they didn't have to tow the car away.

As Marc was taking the front bumper off and the lad (about 13) that lives out the back of us asked Marc if he has crashed the car?

To which Marc said "No she did"

The kids said "That's why women shouldn't drive"

Any way i'm fine, just in shock.

Here's a few pictures

Edited by _sammy_ (see edit history)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be more worried about suspension damage to the rear.

It looks ok tbh mate theres no cracking in the paint on any of the arms or visable bends luckily the wheels are (were) well made so it the the brunt of the hit, but il get it checked over once everythibg back together :thumbs:

Gulp, *rethinks sharing*

Glad you are ok

:D She's been driving it since feb/march time, so its more of a accident than an unexperianced rwd driver thing, shes just been unlucky imo, Im sure your missus will be fine, Im thinking of buying Sam a learn to drift day so she has more of an idea of what to do if it happens again

Pleased to hear you are ok Sam.

Crappy luck with with the car but at least if is repairable for a man of Marc's talents!

Haha, Talent Steve? Whats that?

As I always tell my Mrs when she has a "mishap"... Sh!t happens!!

:D thats exactly What I said

Shame it just clipped the rear quarter but as others have said should be a fairly easy fix and glad no one is hurt, is it a auto ?so many seem to loose it on the kick down these days

Yeah its an auto mate, but according to the poeple at the crash site she was just cruising along in the outside lane and suddenly 360'd in the barrier, the roads were greasy and damp, I think its stepped out maybe as the 1st turbo came online, shes panicked and its gone to far before she could correct it,

I know what you mean about the kickdown though, its a savage switchover :grin:

Glad your ok sam.

Cars are replaceable, people arent.

Im sure Marc can repair the car, worse case scenario there is a nice blue shell in the shed :p

Mmmmmm Rsp :D

Thanks everyone, Marc is being ok about it, think when the lad was telling him on the phone what had happened and me crying, he was expecting a lot more damage.

I've told Marc he can take the bits off my car and told him I'll pay for the car to be fitted. But he's having none of it.

Marc's got the car stripped down ready for the parts to be put on. Just the rear end to sort out.

I was sitting at 60 as there was a car in front of me, there was water in the dip and just lost it. There was a car on the inside of me, so I hit the barrier.

Marc will have the car sorted in no time.

OMG guess your ok, poor marc though. sorry to see this

Yes I'm fine got out of the car as soon as it stopped, was more worried about the car then me.

I didn't see the rear end till I walked to the van with Marc's dad, for the hour I was at the road side I was thinking the rear end was all smashed in could only see the front end where the car had landed facing down the road.

So was pleased in a way that I hadn't done more damage.

Hi Sam, white van man here. Thought I would see this on a supra forum. Glad you and the car are OK as was a nasty spin and you were a little shook up afterwards!! Your lucky you parked it between 2 lamposts too...hope you and your fella get the car sorted soon, happy motoring ;)