The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Speedometer off

nolizma

Thanks for the response guyz,

The limiter is still on. The diff is LSD but I would think its stock since this is the SZ-R model.

Wheels are 18 with 265 40 tyres which I think its the same circumference as stock. The speedo has a top speed of 115 mph with 180km/h in smaller text on the inside reading both mph and km/h, and the odometer still reads in km.

My phone's satnav helped me realize. I saw it before but I trusted my tacho more than my phone. Then the other night the limiter kicked in and took me by surprise. It was the first time it ever kicked in and i wasn't aware it was still on. Ive been over that speed (according to the tacho) before to test if its there and thought it was removed. Then I did it again using my phone and according to the phone it kicked in at 177 kph. the tacho was maxed a while before the limiter kicked in. The difference that's easy to remember now is that at 57-58 mph on the tacho it reads 50 on the phone. As you go up it gets worse.

:( And I was so happy with the way the needle was climbing

I suspect someone may fiddled about fitting a speedo converter that's now playing up. When the cars were first being brought into Ireland and the Uk it was popular to fit them down alongside the transmission, and in later years the gizmo suffered water ingress and did all sorts of weird things. I'd have a look on a ramp for anything none stock down around the transmission wiring, and behind the dash, or near the ecu.

I suspect someone may fiddled about fitting a speedo converter that's now playing up. When the cars were first being brought into Ireland and the Uk it was popular to fit them down alongside the transmission, and in later years the gizmo suffered water ingress and did all sorts of weird things. I'd have a look on a ramp for anything none stock down around the transmission wiring, and behind the dash, or near the ecu.

Thanks for the advice! I will examine in depth when back home as Im currently away with work!