The mkiv Supra Owners Club

High Mileage?

Tricky-Ricky

Hi

I've heard that if its really been looked after and had regular oil changes and has been serviced at the correct intervals that high mileage is no problem for a looked after Soop. Have you been to see it? There are a few checks you can do to give you a few rough ideas on the condition of the turbos and the engine. The techies will no doubt fill you in with what to look for. I'm new myself actually - just picked up my Soop yestertday and its pure class - you MUST get one!

Good luck anyway mate and hope the searching goes okay! Just try not too fall in love with the 1st one you see as you tend not to notice it's faults! It is hard to walk away but there are some good uns' out there. Have you checked to see if any of the members are selling any on here? You can guarantee you will be getting a well looked after one if you do.

Paul D

:upside:

have a look at the techincal FAQs section for some advice on buying a supe ricky

i've been told by peeps on the board that mileage isnt an issue for the engine, but the turbos may be getting a bit long in the tooth at 100+k...

this is why i went for the one im going for with 60k ish on the clock

Its a bog standard UK TT auto 113K, won't see it untill next week, did drive a jap spec TT auto today (briefly) 53K felt ok just a little rough around the edges, and a little expensive at 9K, but maybe i'm being a cheapskate!

i do know what to look for when buying a car, (used to be a motorcycle mechanic, and i'v modified mine and fixed other peoples cars for years) but i was just wondering if there were any particular quirks with the supra that i need to know about?

Look for a UK that's been owned by a crazy fool who replaces all the worn out bits then thinks about selling, you'll pay a little more but you'll save in the long run :)

Failing that keep looking for a nicer J-Spec, some rough examples around but lots of nice ones too.