The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Footwell Lights

SupraP-Z

After browsing a few threads and realising the stock footwell lights will be hard to get hold of, ive gone ahead and purchased some led lights. Question - best place to wire these?

Ignition barrel ring or interior dome light? I want them to come on and fade off with the interior lights.

One prob - when the car is locked and I try and open the door, the ignition barrel light powers on as well as the door lock barrell light. So if i wire these to that, the footwell lights will also come on?

Last question - does anybody know the route of the interior dome light wires? so I can splice them somewhere behind the dash or underneath it depending on where they lead, instead of taking the roof lining off etc

Can't help you with the dome however been told best place is igniting barrel light as it fades off

Ive just had a look, and theres no point wiring them to the interior dome lights as there is no fade function on it - just a simple on and off. So ignition barrel it is!

If I'm not mistaken the stock footwell lights run of the barrel

Cheers bud, will I need to splice into it or are there other connectors for the stock loom footwell lights that can be tapped into? I haven't had the dash off in a while so will have to take a look

I didn't even know there were footwell lights as stock!!

Mine don't work :(

Another job to add to the list :D

Im not sure if it was an optional extra, but only some supes seem to have them as standard. Mine doesn't :(

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers bud, will I need to splice into it or are there other connectors for the stock loom footwell lights that can be tapped into? I haven't had the dash off in a while so will have to take a look

The optional extra footwell lights came complete with a male and female connector allowing you to simply undo the OEM connector at the barrel and add the new lights, therefore you'll need to splice into the existing loom.

• 2 months later...