The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cleaning Engine Parts for Rebuild

Geo

Remove all block core plugs, and oil gallery plugs, steam out all block, crank and head oilways, get the parts hot enough their absorbed heat will self dry them fast, then spray with WD40, wrap and store. Hot tanking will *NOT* clean out oilways. If the engine has crank bearing damage and shrapnel in it, bin the Modine and any associated engine oil cooler matrix. If it has overheated get the head casting hardness tested, and tested for warpage. If it's warped it's probably scrap.

Remove all block core plugs, and oil gallery plugs, steam out all block, crank and head oilways, get the parts hot enough their absorbed heat will self dry them fast, then spray with WD40, wrap and store. Hot tanking will *NOT* clean out oilways. If the engine has crank bearing damage and shrapnel in it, bin the Modine and any associated engine oil cooler matrix. If it has overheated get the head casting hardness tested, and tested for warpage. If it's warped it's probably scrap.

thanks chris will take this to the company that i might use, i have a good engine, only thing so far iv seen it a gasket that been in bits at the thermostat area. will get a good look inside block once i get crank pulley off.

A timely thread....what are the company going to do when cleaning it Geo? I was thinking of getting mine cleaned in an ultrasonic bath

looking into it just now bud, the ultrasonic cleaning looks awesome and to me looks best, but a tank looks just as good. i'll do some more digging about my area as i dont wana send it away, id rather be local and watch them do it tbh